"LIVE" time-delay inquiry

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

levibluewa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
WA, OR, CA
I'm certain that someone in this forum knows the answer to this. In comparing Directv, DISH, and Comcast I recently noticed that the same MLB game on Directv was 5-10 seconds ahead of the DISH feed and up to 15 seconds ahead of the same feed on Comcast. Is this the result of signal processing? or what? Also, can anyone chime in on where the MLB feed of games via Roku, etc., fits in as to the games being LIVE...5-seconds pass LIVE, 10-seconds pass LIVE, etc. Thanks in advance.

All of the providers do some processing that delays the signal. The hd feed from Directv is behind the sd feed. Apparently Directv is doing less processing than the others.

I'm certain that someone in this forum knows the answer to this. In comparing Directv, DISH, and Comcast I recently noticed that the same MLB game on Directv was 5-10 seconds ahead of the DISH feed and up to 15 seconds ahead of the same feed on Comcast. Is this the result of signal processing? or what? Also, can anyone chime in on where the MLB feed of games via Roku, etc., fits in as to the games being LIVE...5-seconds pass LIVE, 10-seconds pass LIVE, etc. Thanks in advance.

Even multiple receivers from the same provider and in the same house will not be in sync. My living room is slightly behind the den which is closer to the dish.

my parents have comcast, their sports are about 5 seconds ahead of D*, which makes it impossible for me and my dad to talk while watching the end of a game

I once lived in a densely populated area with lots of apartment buildings. When there was a big game on, the people with the satellite service would always get pissed because they would hear the cheering of the people with the cable or OTA cheering a few seconds earlier, and it kills the suspense.

Actually it depends on the channel in question. For instance if I tune to one of my local channels on a SD receiver the SD channel is about 1-2 seconds behind the HD channel. The reason for this is the local channels are harvested in HD, and have to be converted to SD and then rebroadcast in SD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)