LNB confusion setting in:Invacom QPH-031

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gizzer777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
none
Ok, I have pretty much decided on the Invacom QPH-031 LNB ...unless I switch to a Patriot 1.2 m dish, I cannot find the Winegard 1 meter dish anywhere. Damn Patriot weighs 100 lbs....?

But being a BUD guy I am confused by the FOUR F connections. I would have imagined TWO...one for Circular and one for Linear. Is that for regular KU and DVB?. Could someone explain the connections...I have been looking around the net and cannot find the manual for this LNB. I am hesitant about running 4 100 ft lengths of RG-6...2 maybe, but not 4!

For some reason, It looks like the other 2 may be for an additional receiver? Can they just be terminated? How is the Disqu switch hooked up. There only seems to be one setting at a time on the receiver as far as the ports go...then there is Burst mode(s) that really is confusing! Now I know how the noobs at 4DTV feel...THAT is second nature to me!

TIA
Jeff

Ignorance is bliss!
Jeff

There are two linear and two circular outputs. You can use all or one, its up to you, I use one of each (C+L) run to a two way DiSEqC switch.
This way I have both C and L on the same satellite after setting up the switch in the antenna set up screen using the DiSEqC options.
You could also do the same with a four way switch running two receivers with both C and L polarities.
Main thing is to remember its a standard LNBF on the linear side with a L.O. of 10750, the Circular side has a L.o_Of 11250.
http://invacom.net/documents/Quadpolardatasheetwhite.pdf

Last edited:
Thanks Pete...

I think that is what I had suspected...2 leads into the switch and I presume you should use terminators on the other two. Still can't find a 1 meter wineguard....only that 1.2 meter Patriot which I have reservations about!

Thank you very much
Regards and Merry Xmas
jeff

Don't think you need terminators on the other two outputs for this LNB.

I do have them on my 3x4 switch that I am using for a primestar LNB that has H and V ouputs. The terminators are on the receiver outputs that are not in use. This switch has 3 inputs. H and V from the LNB and a third for antenna. It has 4 outputs for receivers.

You many want to put some kind of cover over the other two LNB outputs to protect it from the weather.

gizzer777 said:
I think that is what I had suspected...2 leads into the switch and I presume you should use terminators on the other two. Still can't find a 1 meter wineguard....only that 1.2 meter Patriot which I have reservations about!
Thank you very much
Regards and Merry Xmas
jeff

Thank You...now all I have to do is buy a setup and put it up! went ftom 70degrees the other day to snow last night!
regards
jeff

gizzer777 said:
Ok, I have pretty much decided on the Invacom QPH-031 LNB ...unless I switch to a Patriot 1.2 m dish, I cannot find the Winegard 1 meter dish anywhere. Damn Patriot weighs 100 lbs....?

Jeff

Don't know which model of Patriot 1.2 you're looking at, but mine weighs in far less than 100 lbs! Perhaps 100 with box and skid but not dish and mount.
I am using mine sans mount and I would say 30 ish. I was able to turn it, not very well mind you with a HH-120 motor with the mount on it. If if weighed 100 lbs, there would be no way the motor would even move it.

Are you happy with the Patriot Dish?

rayydio said:
Don't know which model of Patriot 1.2 you're looking at, but mine weighs in far less than 100 lbs! Perhaps 100 with box and skid but not dish and mount.
I am using mine sans mount and I would say 30 ish. I was able to turn it, not very well mind you with a HH-120 motor with the mount on it. If if weighed 100 lbs, there would be no way the motor would even move it.

Thanks Jim:

I was looking somewhere and I believe that did include all the shipping materials...perhaps the site quoted the wrong weight too!

Are you happy with your dish....? I am on the verge of just getting the 31 inch Wingard dish, since the price is so attractive in a bundle. Also if I wind up mounting to the side of the house and not the roof....I do not want too much weight and size (wind will be a problem) hanging there! .....especially if I cannot mount to the heavy wood trim on the facia masonite. (that would require a mounting block for weight distribution IMHO)....I like things right, and must be in one particular spot. So I must get high enough to "Look" out over the existing BUD!

Accumulating as much info as I can before buying a setup since I can still get a lot of stuff with the BUD...Just the polarity switching is driving me nuts, since alot of C-band sats have reversed polarity so it is not as simple as just saying odd ch = H etc!

regards
Jeff

Jeff yes I do like the Patriot. I think the price was right - got it from Eye in the sky and shipping did not cost me an arm and a leg. I retrofitted a Channel Master polar mount with an 18" actuator to it and it does fine for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)