LNB Drift Detected - What does this mean?

JonUrban

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Eastern Connecticut
When I do a System Info on my new ViP722, I get a message in the "a-Status" section that reads: Check "Details" for LNB!

Anyone know what this means? Is there something I have setup wrong or do I have a problem? THANKS!

When I click "Details", it reads:

LNB Drift Detected...
0x1c, 0xa2, 72(o -9)

STB Health Life
Tuner 0 as of Orbital: 14 15 16 21
Tuner 1 as of Orbital: 14 15 16 21

Value: 0: 0
Value: 1: 0
Value: 2: 0
Value: 1: 0
Value: 3: 0
Value: 4: 0
Value: 5: 0
Value: 6: 0
Value: 7: -2
Value: 8: 1
Value: 9: 0

When I do a System Info on my new ViP722, I get a message in the "a-Status" section that reads: Check "Details" for LNB!

Anyone know what this means? Is there something I have setup wrong or do I have a problem? THANKS!

When I click "Details", it reads:

Hello, i just posted the same thing in the tech forum and was told to contact dishnetwork contacted them and they told me as long as i got a picture to not worry about it sounds like the same deal in my case as well swapped out a 622 for a 722 and saw that message to.:cool:

Hello, i just posted the same thing in the tech forum and was told to contact dishnetwork contacted them and they told me as long as i got a picture to not worry about it sounds like the same deal in my case as well swapped out a 622 for a 722 and saw that message to.:cool:

Shoot! I missed your post. Sorry for the dupe. ;)

I guess it's a "not to worry" deal!

Shoot! I missed your post. Sorry for the dupe. ;)

I guess it's a "not to worry" deal!

The tech forum where i have my lnb drift posted somebody else replied saying that the lnb is probably in the early stage of dying out i don't know wich your getting that message on but if it's the eastern arc you said about it's probably defective being brand new and all mine lnb is a couple years old so if you got that message on the eastern arc i would contact dish.

Do a search for LNB Drift. There are many posts that expalin.

The newer receivers have software to compensate for the bad LNB. Older models do not and you will lose signal for +/- 5.

LNB Drift Detected...
0x1c, 0xa2, 72(o -9)

The "o" means ODD transponder's crystal oscillator clock has drifted.