LNB Drift Detected

"we have a winner" I went up on my roof to look and the one he put on is not only faded but the lip over the top has a chunk missing! he did leave the old one which looks alot better. Are they supposed to put new ones on ? does dish want them to put a new one on? who is paying for the new one? I 've had the same tech for the last 4 calls and I think he is a good guy but who is benefiting from him useing used parts that don't work? do they not have enough lnb's to go around:confused:

"we have a winner" I went up on my roof to look and the one he put on is not only faded but the lip over the top has a chunk missing! he did leave the old one which looks alot better. Are they supposed to put new ones on ? does dish want them to put a new one on? who is paying for the new one? I 've had the same tech for the last 4 calls and I think he is a good guy but who is benefiting from him useing used parts that don't work? do they not have enough lnb's to go around:confused:

Yeah, that LNBF is definently the problem. Yes, they are supposed to put a new one (or reman, same thing) on. He may be a good tech, but it's possible he ran out of duals that day and only had an old one left, that he hoped worked. Was it a subcontractor or a DNS (company) technician? If he had a company van and uniform, it was likely DNS. If he had his own truck, and not in uniform, he was a subcontractor. If you have his personal number, call him and ask him to replace it. If not, call Dish back and ask them to send someone back out.

what is a dns ? he did not have a dish logo on his van and there is no tech # on reciept but he did leave his cell # to call If I still had a problem

what is a dns ? he did not have a dish logo on his van and there is no tech # on reciept but he did leave his cell # to call If I still had a problem

Dish Network Service. Dish Network's in-house technicians. But if his vehicle had no logo, it's unlikely he was an in-house technician. But if he left his cell number, give him a call and see if he can come and replace it. If you can't get him to do it, call Dish and let them know so they can set up a trouble call.

Now here is my dillemma. I originally was under a lease. I have since replaced replaced all my leased recievers with ones that I own. Now the dish is theirs, so how is that going to work. Do I need to sign up for the dish advantage service and then in a couple of weeks put in the call?

Any suggestions from anyone with insight??

I have 3 receivers (211, 311 and 811). Only the 811 indicates that I have an LNB drift, even though it says that signal is good.
I ran the diagnostics on the 311 and 211 and there is no indication of drift.
Is it common for only receiver to indicate drift?

You can call dish and ask them to just ra the LNBF. They will send YOU the new one and you can just put it on you already climbed up there just make sure you get sent the right lnbf.

Mine no longer shows drift. Still has pixelization and freezes, but that has been there since day one almost.

I have 3 receivers (211, 311 and 811). Only the 811 indicates that I have an LNB drift, even though it says that signal is good.
I ran the diagnostics on the 311 and 211 and there is no indication of drift.
Is it common for only receiver to indicate drift?

It's common for that FW versions what have implementation of the procedure to retrieve LNBF drift value..

I would call and get an upgrade for the 811 to an MPEG4 box.

The 811 must not have the drift software implemented yet. The others do. The ones that can detect drift can also compensate for it. So that is why you will not see the effects on some of your receivers but will on others. They add megahertz to the frequency it is trying to tune to so that it will lock.

I would call and get an upgrade for the 811 to an MPEG4 box.

The 811 must not have the drift software implemented yet. The others do. The ones that can detect drift can also compensate for it. So that is why you will not see the effects on some of your receivers but will on others. They add megahertz to the frequency it is trying to tune to so that it will lock.

A strange thing that is occurring on my LNB Drifting 811 is I get the "No Info Available" message at the top of the screen when I change channels, but this is only for locals. It shows up in the program guide but not in the channel header. Anyways, this only occurs with the 811 receiver. I am debating upgrading to a 722 anyways. But that will cause me to 'move' somethings around first. :rolleyes:

You are getting No Information Available because it probably didn't get to download the GUIDE because you are getting LNB Drift on the transponder that the GUIDE is on.

I do not know how long they will running the current promotion. I got my friend onto it yesterday. 722 for $149(from $199) before a $100 mail in rebate and 6 months of the HD package for free. But this was a customer upgrading to HD. I do not know if you get the same if you are already on the HD Package.

You are getting No Information Available because it probably didn't get to download the GUIDE because you are getting LNB Drift on the transponder that the GUIDE is on.

I do not know how long they will running the current promotion. I got my friend onto it yesterday. 722 for $149(from $199) before a $100 mail in rebate and 6 months of the HD package for free. But this was a customer upgrading to HD. I do not know if you get the same if you are already on the HD Package.

Its the same story for him to upgrade

I talked to a pretty informative CSR 2 days ago who indicated that even as a current HD package customer, if I upgraded one of my mpeg 2 receivers (811 or 311) to a 211 or HD-DVR I would get free HD package for 6 months.

I am thinking about dumping the 311 for a 722, keeping the 811 because it has OTA tuner, but of course things need to be MOVED before I make the call since I can't get them to ship me a 722.

My HD receiver actually stops working when the LNB Drift 0X03, OXa1, 129 (e-5) shows up. I have to unplug the receiver and then wait 30 minutes to several hours and then sometimes the signal comes back on and sometimes it doesn't. I also am experiencing pixal and sound break up ?? What is the solution...

My 811 actually gets the program guide for all the channels including locals, it only shows NO INFO AVAILABLE on the channel header of the locals only. Everything else works fine.

I think these receivers are just buggy and Dish doesnt invest a lot of time in software development on these to fix glitches.

My HD receiver actually stops working when the LNB Drift 0X03, OXa1, 129 (e-5) shows up. I have to unplug the receiver and then wait 30 minutes to several hours and then sometimes the signal comes back on and sometimes it doesn't. I also am experiencing pixal and sound break up ?? What is the solution...

Call Dish and have them send out a tech to replace the LNBF. And :welcome to Satelliteguys.us!

Okay fellas. The LNB Drift is back it now says (o -7). I need some advice.
1. I own my recievers and I am not under their DHPP warranty.
Should I get the warranty then wait a couple days to put the call in for the new LNB? There is no way I can get up where it is located.

2. Is there anyway I can talk them into a 1000.2?

Thanks.

I think they should replace it for free since it is a hardware defect but also think they might try to get out of replacing it for free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)