LNB Drift...Is Dish Tech support answer correct?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Now it says

0X03, 0Xa1, 119 (e-5.09), (0-1.63)

this morning it said

0X03, 0Xa1, 110 (e-5.00), (0-1.41)

Something sounds screwy, why would it change from 110 to 119 ?

Bob

I had my 129 LNB report -5.58 or so on the E side. Dish is coming out on the 19th to replace it (my choice on the date, since it's the first saturday they had a slot).

I have been away since I posted this thread. Thanks for the replies!

As I stated in my original post, I have noted that the drift varies with temperature, and gets worse as it heats up. Today was the hottest day so far this year (about 85 degrees), and the drift was -7.79. (When the temp was 32, the drift was about -4.2. When the temp was 70, drift was -7.35). Only the even transponders have this drift, the odd trasponders always read 0.00 regardless of the temperature.

I guess there is some confusion as to what is the actual limit before it needs to be replaced. According to that official document that webbydude posted, the limit should be 5, but dish is training their tech support people to say that nothing is wrong until it hits 8!!!

I guess that this is just another one of those situations where the people reading this board get information faster than the dish techs! I'll try calling them back. Now that I can point to that official document, maybe I can get a replacement LNB.

I just had Southern Star here, and my 129 LNBF was showing drift (5.08 or so). He replaced it, as well as replacing my 110/119 LNBF (something about newer model).

He also replaced the ground block connectors (both had rust on them, weird), and some of the connectors there and at the LNBF's replaced.

No more drift reported. Now we'll see if we get better rain resistance. All the signal levels were good.

LER

The training memo posted from Dish says that + - 5.0 LNB drift qualifies for a new LNB. When I called tech support about missing channels, even with good signals in Point Dish (and a GOOD Check Switch readout), I noted that my drift was about e -6.7 on 110 and 119.

I asked if I could get a free DPP Twin replacement - based on the + - 5 memo. The lady tech, who sounded pretty sharp during our rather long talk, said that the guidelines were not to talk about a replacement until the Drift became => +- 8.

They sent me a replacement 510 instead! Same problem. Good signal strengths, Check Switch Good, but still many missing channels.

I spent days testing, swapping coaxes, etc., and took over 30 pages of notes, before insisting to my dealer (a good friend) that he come by and replace the DPP Twin. I could have ordered one myself and installed it, but I wanted him to witness the difference that the new DPP Twin would probably make. For the record. I had no stomach for calling tech support and argue with them that it was 95% certain the DDP Twin was bad.

I paid my dealer to replace the DPP Twin (Dish 1000, DVR622/DVR510), and all my channels came back.

So much for guidelines and esoteric menu options - and Check Switch results that are wrong!

Oh, yes. During the 510 replacement, the replacement-receiver tech (8 on your touchpad) had me do a Check Switch (it was GOOD) and at the point where the screen showed "Authorizing Receiver," he bid me farewell. When I suggested he hang around until I had pictures to test, he said all would be okay, since my Check Switch showed ALL ALL ALL and GOOD. Wrong! Not okay.

As a remote technition working out of the amirillo depo we are trained to replace the lnb if the drift is more than + or - 5. If it truelly is the lnb. You should also check your connections and make shure none are sunk back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts