LNB drift with mixed old and new receivers

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
Not meaning to start a whole new LNB drift thread, but didn't see this exactly...

I have a 622 and an older 508PVR on my account. I'm showing LNB drift -7 now, and while I know the 622 has software to compensate, I'm pretty sure the 508 does not.

I know if all I had on the account was the 622, they wouldn't roll a truck for this, but as long as I have that older receiver on there as well.... which does show errors when run through diagnostics.... would they roll on it? The TV connected to the 508 does get signal but lately has been exhibiting frequent loss of signal/reaquire.

Along these same lines... I know that if the drift goes beyond the capabilities of the 622 to compensate, it will basically tell Dish and they'll call me to say there's a problem. Does that old 508 have that same ability to phone home and tell them there's an issue?

Cool. I called. With drift of e -6 they're rolling a truck. NOT because of the drift value itself, but because tehy have documentation from previous calls of a steady progression over 4 months with drift at -4, -5 and now -6 (and reported intermittent signal loss).

He said they normally won't roll a truck until it gets to 8 and then it's automatic, BUT in this case because of documentation, they feel they will only continue to get calls for the same issue as it degrades. They apparently have a .... internal policy? (I forget his exact words) .... of trying to get resolution of an issue with fewer calls.

So this is a kind of... let's just fix it and get it done. Enabled DHPP for $5.98 to cover equpment replacements and actually I may just hang on to it a few months until we move and I can use the free Dishmover from it.

So all in all.... GO, DISH TECHNICAL SUPPORT! :)

Figured I'd toss that in there. We ALWAYS see when someone has a "less than ideal" experience. This seems like a win/win experience to me.

When you get it re-installed-or moved,try to be sure the 622 is in line first on the lnb (furthest port on the left on the lnb). If a single tuner is in line first,it can't properly power the lnb.After awhile,this can cause drift,signal loss,and ultimately destroy the 622.I've seen it happen.

When you get it re-installed-or moved,try to be sure the 622 is in line first on the lnb (furthest port on the left on the lnb). If a single tuner is in line first,it can't properly power the lnb.After awhile,this can cause drift,signal loss,and ultimately destroy the 622.I've seen it happen.

Where are you getting this information from? DP separators block voltage out of one of the tuners anyway, so you only get one tuner's worth of voltage output.

Huh??:confused::confused: If you say so............nah!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)