Lnb drift

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
Hello, have seen lnb drift talked about before what does it mean because since i recently had my 622 swapped for a 722 it shows lnb drift on 61.5:confused:

Could mean a bad lnb. I had a drift of -6 a couple of weeks ago on 61.5. Tech came out and replaced the lnb. Drift detected message went away.

I recently had all my LNBs replaced for drift. Call Dish & talk to technical support.

Yeah talked to dish tech said that as long as i got a picture it's fine told the tech i have a strong signal on 61.5 have seen a signal of 75 on that dish.

Yeah talked to dish tech said that as long as i got a picture it's fine told the tech i have a strong signal on 61.5 have seen a signal of 75 on that dish.

LOL wow... guess it is part of his job to prevent Truck Rolls whenever possible....

LNB Drift is not good. Your system might work now, but eventually it will stop being reliable and eventually you will lose signal from that LNB completely. LNB drift is an early indicator that your LNB is dying. If Tech Support said it was fine, I'm guessing your drift wasn't bad enough to warrant a replacement yet.

If things start acting screwy with your signal though, it is time to change the LNB.

LOL wow... guess it is part of his job to prevent Truck Rolls whenever possible....

LNB Drift is not good. Your system might work now, but eventually it will stop being reliable and eventually you will lose signal from that LNB completely. LNB drift is an early indicator that your LNB is dying. If Tech Support said it was fine, I'm guessing your drift wasn't bad enough to warrant a replacement yet.

If things start acting screwy with your signal though, it is time to change the LNB.

That's what i was thinking myself that there is a problem with the lnb but knowing dish they will wait till it dies on me then send somebody out when i'm stuck sitting a couple days with no 61.5 programming.:confused:

That's what i was thinking myself that there is a problem with the lnb but knowing dish they will wait till it dies on me then send somebody out when i'm stuck sitting a couple days with no 61.5 programming.:confused:

Actually, if your receiver is plugged into a phone line, the computer system will auto-generate a Service Call ticket and you will get a call asking you to call in to schedule and appointment.... once the drift gets to a certain point (8, I believe)

lol, my 119/110 are at -9 right now but pictures fine and signal at the lnb is 100 with. a 72 quality

its been a year since i noticed it at -7ish

the only weird thing is my 4 HD locals are playing bird swap. They go from 119 to 61.5 and then back a few times a day. if it was not for the info/info feature i would not have noticed this

related or my locals acting up? nationals are not doi\ng this bird hopping as i check them when i see it go to 61.5.

Bham Alabama locals are pretty sketchy so i have been blaming them. No other HD ever smears or breaks up for no obvious reason like rain fade.

Hello All, I was also having constant LNB drift problems on one of my receivers: DVR 522.. Since it was at the end of a long cable run, I thought that may explain the problem. I bought a signal booster from my local Radio Shack and installed it on the cable in the room where the 522 was. I didn't have any further LNB issues. BTW, your resaults may vary and this may be an option if all other solutions have not worked for you.. Also, as I found out, the filter must be removed if you want to use a dual mode receiver ( a 722 for example, as your TV2 set will not receive the signals from the 722 receiver installed in the room with your HD TV) I am a new member here and hope my 2 cents are helpful. Gary

PS, the Radio Shack product was a Line Amplifier 16-2565

hey Gary, it might explain mine too even though I am not running a real real long cable it might be why I have a high # yet no actual signal drops out of the normal weather dumps

hum....well, I have a guy that says he has a extra LNB that will replace the 110/119 just to see if it clears. Nice to have that info though

Tiger

I have recently noticed alot of searching for Satellite screens. I did a system info and discovered I have LNB Drift.

It says LNB Drift Detected...
0x0d, Oxa1, 129(e -5)

Do I need to replace my 129 LNB?

The 129 health life is 0 0 52 47

Thanks for any help.

We have spooled out software that enables our receivers to work through "drift", which is why trucks aren't being rolled out for that issue anymore...unless you have an older model receiver on the account also (i.e. 2800),l which will still be affected.

Building, you may or may not have to replace the LNB, but the drift value isn't bad. Before the software fix, anything 8 or about required a truck roll.

I'm not sure what it will take to replace it, but I will look into it. I don't want it searching for satellite when something important to me is on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)