LNB Drift

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
what does this mean? could this be the reason that I have been getting "partial signal loss" message on the screen?
I called technical support for a description & was told that it didn't mean anything. Since I didn't believe that, I thought
that I would come to the experts for an answer.

The details for the lnb are as follows:
0x1c,0x97, 72(e-14)

Means your LNB needs to be replaced. 72.7 is a mostly-HD satellite so it's quite necessary to have the LNB for it to work properly. If it was LNB drift on 77, I might could see why they would say that it "doesn't mean anything."

what does this mean? could this be the reason that I have been getting "partial signal loss" message on the screen?
I called technical support for a description & was told that it didn't mean anything. Since I didn't believe that, I thought
that I would come to the experts for an answer.

The details for the lnb are as follows:
0x1c,0x97, 72(e-14)

Please send me a PM with your phone or account number and I'll be more than happy to help you with this. Thanks!

The LNB is a parabolic receiver (an antenna) whichconverts a high-frequency satellite signal to a lower one that can be eaisly sent over coaxial cable. An LNB Drift indicates that the LNB's internal oscillator frequency is operating out of normal range, and therefore, it could not compensate for any normal fluctuations with the incoming satellite signal.

Here is a link to the Dish replacement policy regarding LNB drift. http://mark.koli.ch/2009/01/05/lnb-drift-dish-statement.pdf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts