LNB for FN

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ChrisBlaze

Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
Hawaii
Im new to this site and I have a question. Im trying to setup an AFN dish here in Iraq. I have the Cisco D9865-H decoder, a 1.2 meter dish but my question is about my LNB. Here are the specs for the LNB:

Input: 10.7.12.75 GHz
Output: 950-2150 MHz
Noise Figure: 0.3 dB

Is my LNB good enough to get AFN? I'm been trying for 3 days know with no luck. I'll get strong signal level but no lock. Thank for taking the time to read.

Can you list which Sat and Transponder you need to receive?
Also, there should be more info on the LNB, what is make / model?

Im am from Hawaii but currently in Iraq. The SAT I need is Hot Bird 6 & 9.

LNB Info:

Strong Universal Digital LNB
Input Rating DC 18V - 3W
Model SRTL736

LNB looks good.
You need to double check that the Proper LNB info has been entered into the Receiver.
LNB Type: Universal
LNB L.O. Low: 9700
LNB L.O. Hi: 10600

Did you go to Dishpointer.com and get the info for aiming?

LNB looks good.
You need to double check that the Proper LNB info has been entered into the Receiver.
LNB Type: Universal
LNB L.O. Low: 9700
LNB L.O. Hi: 10600

Did you go to XXXXXXXX and get the info for aiming?

I was given 224.5 Azimuth and 39.1 Elevation but I cant seem to get a lock.

This might help

Since you are going from HotBird 6 or 9 this might help.

http://www.lyngsat.com/hotbird.html

Sound like you are not on the satellite yet. If not a systematic search is the best way, start about 2 or 3 degrees high and go back and forward only moving the dish about 1/16 of an inch at a time. I wish I knew a strong transponders for that bird but you might find that on the UK site someone else posted.

Best of success.

I was given 224.5 Azimuth and 39.1 Elevation but I cant seem to get a lock.
Hang in here, there is a sat guy, PedroGarcia who is in Cyprus and is familiar with those sats, he will know if they are reachable from where you are presently located.

Welcome to Satelliteguys ChrisBlaze!
Double check your coordinate information and aiming information from dishpointer.com.
I'm assuming you're familiar with lnbf-skew (it's a fixed dish, ?)
Dish-aiming is tedious no matter where you are in the world , lol, takes patience but you'll get it.

Looks like the DOD gives info on how to do this...

AFRTS Satellite Handbook

I assume you are familiar with these instructions, but it is included here for others to assist with...

Yeah, as others have said, that LNBF looks OK. You need to decide which satellite is best for your location and where to place the dish in order to see it. Looks like Hotbird at 13ºE

Then you program the receiver with satellite transponder info and LNBF specs.

After that, you position or aim the dish and rotate the LNBF (skew) in the LNBF bracket. I use Dishpointer for getting these numbers.

Aiming the dish is tral and error, mostly... but you have the receiver level and quality numbers for a gauge...

Attachments

• PACOM-CENTCOM.pdf
    168.8 KB · Views: 1,173
  • How%20to%20get%20AFN%20service.pdf
    145.9 KB · Views: 2,201
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts