LNB for NOAAport feed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ekgermann

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Looking to start a noaaport project with a C band dish.

Picked up a Twinhan 1020 card I can use to decode the stream before I spend money on a Novra S75. Looking for a quality LNB to go into it.

I'm leaning towards a 6' dish from Sadoun (since they're about 2 hrs away), but possibly an 8' (they're backordered right now).

Essentially, I'm looking for a recommendation on an LNB so I can start plugging the specs into a link budget calculator to see if I have a snowball's chance with the 6' or just wait on the 8' dishes to come in.

Thoughts?

EKG

the feed your going to be trying to draw is data and depending on your system you will be needing this information for ..... weather probably be best to get the better or best you can afford. a six foot dish will probably receive it but probably be best to go with a 8 ft dish. we use a 8 ft solid, several i seen use a 10 ft or 12 ft mesh dish.

the lnb is the same situation get the best you can .... norsat probably are standard for the stability and constant that is needed by a data signal.

as always you can look locally for a free older bud and the sadoun option is always available

also here's another link to a previous thread

Does anyone know if the 2.4m Fortec from the likes of Sadoun et. al. can be converted to a pole mount if it starts life as a ground mount.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)