lnb moded

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brotherhood

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 29, 2004
97w/55n
has anyone done this ,and if yes does it really work ?

link

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, kinda.
I replaced the BSC621 supplied Feed Cap with the bottom of a Water Bottle, made the unit actually "usuable" and improved the DMX741.
I figured that a water bottle would be Lead Free. :)

Anything that diffracts the signal would result in a weaker signal. So if your LNB 'lens' is scratched up, hazy, old, and yellow, it makes sense that a new one would improve the signal. I don't think this would improve, in any way, a new LNB.

Wonder if that Invacom LNBF has a vent to atmosphere. Or, is it intended to be sealed with some inert gas inside?

What kind of material is that? The author says it was scavenged from a toy box.

Guess I would use Plastruct sheet acrylic that is available from the hobby store.

That is some camera work... One hand to hold the camera - and the other hand to do stuff on camera... One word - Tripod...

Oh, and then there's the fly that crawls around on the LNBF...zoom in...blurry flyshot...fly flies away...zoom out...fly returns...zoom in...blurry fly shot...fly flies away...zoom out... :eek: :D

Follow on to LoTech's RTV invention.
Could try a styrene drinking cup bottom. Dielectric properties are good and as LAK7 suggests, should be lead free.

not to MY Invacom!

. . . not while it's under warranty!

BTW, that's one hairy-handed model they got.
Makes me think: If I do one of these, get pretty lady's hands! - :rolleyes:

Wonder if that Invacom LNBF has a vent to atmosphere. Or, is it intended to be sealed with some inert gas inside?

What kind of material is that? The author says it was scavenged from a toy box.

Guess I would use Plastruct sheet acrylic that is available from the hobby store.

If you have a extra Flashlight laying around. I had an old EverReady Flashlight and removed the Lens from it.
The Lens is a Good Fit for a replacement on a Invacom QPH-031 LNB !:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)