LNB problem or Receiver problem

nmf28

Original poster
Mar 13, 2005
I have a 121 Superdish attached to a 301 receiver and a 311 receiver. I have had the 121 superdish and the 301 receiver for 2 years and have never had a problem. I have had the 311 receiver for 1 year with no problems. Lately the Error screen with "signal has been lost" has started to appear for the 119 even transponders only and only on the 301 receiver, I get all the other transponders and satellites. The 311 receiver still continues to get all the transponders with no troubles. This only happens in very Hot temperatures. I do know that some 121 superdishes have had temperature problems. I removed the shroud from the LNB and the numbers on the LNB are not the ones that have had temperature problems. The 119 even transponders do return when the temperatures have dropped. I have checked all the connection and they are tight with no corrosion. I have not yet switched receivers to see if what happens (that will be my next step). I have a DP34 switch and have moved all the cables around and the problem to the 301 receiver still happens. I am starting to think it is a receiver problem.

My main question is, if the hot temperature is affecting the LNB, then why do I continue to receive all the transponders and satellites on the 311 receiver but not the 301 receiver?

Anyone got any ideas what it could be.

Edit: I switched the receivers and the problem still occured on the 301 receiver. I then removed the shroud and put an ice pack on the LNB and was able to get all the transponders and satellites on both receivers. This is more of a nusiance then a major problem, I plan on getting a dish 500+ soon. I also own all my equipment.

Some questions: Do receivers read signals at different levels even though they use the same LNB and wires? Are some receivers more sensitive?

Why did a temperature drop on the LNB allow the receiver to get a signal, even though it was only a couple of degrees?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)