LNB problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It's a coax cable. I took a picture and it gave me a better perspective since it's high up. I believe the wire looks like it is connected to the new dish but it is not. I think he cut the wrong wire when he first set it up. (The cable to the other room runs through the room with the 721.) He had to hook it up in the other room by accident because the first time around it was still picking up the sw44 switch and not working. The wire seems to be connected with screws.. or maybe a barrel as someone explained above.

It's a coax cable. I took a picture and it gave me a better perspective since it's high up. I believe the wire looks like it is connected to the new dish but it is not. I think he cut the wrong wire when he first set it up. (The cable to the other room runs through the room with the 721.) He had to hook it up in the other room by accident because the first time around it was still picking up the sw44 switch and not working. The wire seems to be connected with screws.. or maybe a barrel as someone explained above.

We love pics. Can your share.

Well I took a picture and it gave me a better perspective of it. The wire is a coax cable but it looks like it goes into the new dish but it doesn't. I believe it looks out of place because when the guy first installed it he cut the wrong wire and hooked up a different cable to the new dish. The wire now looks like it is connected to a barrel since it seems to be connected by screws.

Where's the picture? :)

Here. :) The one on top is the old dish and the new one is under it.

Attachments

• DSCN0581.JPG
    DSCN0581.JPG
    805.2 KB · Views: 135
Eck and I though the installers here were hacks. White cable is not good for outdoors, no UV protection. Is the wire to the 721 all new then? Its white so im assuming its a old wire.

I can only see a few possible problems here-
1. The 721 is bad - sending too much voltage to the DPP twin. This can be checked with a voltage meter.
2. Bad electrical outlet the 721 is plugged into.
3. The wire to the 721 is bad or has a faulty barrel/splitter,etc.
4. Dish is not peaked on 110

You can test all 3 of these. I would double check the line to the 721 and make sure there are no splitters and low frequency barrels or ground blocks.

The 721 outlet can be checked by getting a outlet tester and you can put a voltage tester on the coax sat line to see what voltage is being put out.

What are you getting for signal strengths on 110 ?

What an awful wiring job. Wires hanging everywhere, a barrel connector in the middle of one, zip-tied to a gutter, wow. That's awful.

And two dishes pointed to the same location? Wow.

Eck and I though the installers here were hacks. White cable is not good for outdoors, no UV protection. Is the wire to the 721 all new then? Its white so im assuming its a old wire.

I can only see a few possible problems here-
1. The 721 is bad - sending too much voltage to the DPP twin. This can be checked with a voltage meter.
2. Bad electrical outlet the 721 is plugged into.
3. The wire to the 721 is bad or has a faulty barrel/splitter,etc.
4. Dish is not peaked on 110

You can test all 3 of these. I would double check the line to the 721 and make sure there are no splitters and low frequency barrels or ground blocks.

The 721 outlet can be checked by getting a outlet tester and you can put a voltage tester on the coax sat line to see what voltage is being put out.

What are you getting for signal strengths on 110 ?

I think WiCkeDuDe has given the OP enough homework to do. By looking at the hack job that the installer did, I'm thinking there's a barrel connector somewhere that's not rated 3 Ghz. There's a barrel connector in there but that's for the Legacy switch and lnbs so a 1 Ghz could work but for Dish Pro you must use a 3 Ghz barrel connector. They're easy to identify because they are blue, green or red where the cable enters.

Please do this: put one of your 301's in the place of the 721 to check whether it is the receiver or the line/set-up.

I did this before, the second time the 110 died. The 301 couldn't pick it up at all.

As of right now the 110 on transponder 1 is coming up 86 of 100. (Since it being fixed again on Saturday)

The 721 is connected to a power stripe. I am not having problems with other applications connected to the power stripe so the outlet should be ok?

Last edited:
Did you run a check switch when hooking up the 301 to the new dish? Check over the wiring at get back to us. At this point it really seems to be a cabling issue.

Yes I ran a check switch with the 301.... I also forgot to mention that it seems after a while the signal usually starts to die down. Usually it hits between 50- 60. Then it eventually dies. (It usualy strong like it is now for a week)

I did this before, the second time the 110 died. The 301 couldn't pick it up at all.

As of right now the 110 on transponder 1 is coming up 86 of 100. (Since it being fixed again on Saturday)

The 721 is connected to a power stripe. I am not having problems with other applications connected to the power stripe so the outlet should be ok?

The power strip could definitely be your problem! Try plugging directly into the wall. Some Monster power products and some old power strips can cause a similar problem. Satellite (digital) receivers are very sensitive to incorrect voltage.

so you are saying if the 110 dies again I should plug it into the wall outlet and see if 110 comes back?? I am kind of confused lol.

Some cheaper power strips can cause problems with signal. The strips with coax connections also are problems. Based on what you said im sure there is a cabling issue somewhere. Check your cable!!! See if there are any barrels, splitters, surge protecter, or pieces of RG59 cable.

I will check the cable tomorrow when there is light :) I only have about a foot in the room, the rest is outside lol.

Did some looking outside. One of the wires is connected to a barrel on the eye level. The only problem is I don't know where it goes. All 3 of the wires go in at the same location. If it goes down again I will have to ask the guy if this could be causing the problem..

Well can you believe that it held up for 2 more months until the problem happened again. Well this time Dish Network sent out a guy who knew what he was doing, well sort of...

At first he was trying to say my receiver was shot. I told him let me take one of my other boxes and show you that it's the line. Well sure enough it was and he finally went out and I showed him the Barrel.

He was a very nice guy and changed all the wires (on both satellites). He said the first guy who put up the second dish had no idea what he was doing. He said the dish was close to falling off. Anyway here are some pics.

I actually have a question, what is that setup in the second picture called, with the coax wires connecting together.. He actually put another box on the second satellite, so each sat is going to two receivers.

Attachments

• 100_1199.JPG
    100_1199.JPG
    831.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 100_1200.JPG
    100_1200.JPG
    316.3 KB · Views: 118

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts