LNB problems

Not grounded. Also, installers, what do you think of the drip loops? I guess they will work. Just don't look right to me. What do you think?

Attachments

• Instal2.gif
    Instal2.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
yea it looks that way. So what are the consequences for the dishes and coax not being grounded?

Not grounded. Also, installers, what do you think of the ground loops? I guess they will work. Just don't look right to me. What do you think?

Just a clarification:

The loops in the picture are not "ground loops" but are actually "service loops" or "drip loops". The physical coiling of additional wire and their positioning to avoid water ingress, are drip loops or service loops.

A ground loop is what happens when there isn't a ground connection from the ground block to ground (as in the picture), and/or a connection from the dish unit to the ground block (as in the picture). A ground loop is a simple antenna that is created when a system isn't grounded. The antenna then collects all kinds of miscellaneous noise and adds it into your system as noise. The affects vary.

Just a clarification:

The loops in the picture are not "ground loops" but are actually "service loops" or "drip loops". The physical coiling of additional wire and their positioning to avoid water ingress, are drip loops or service loops.

A ground loop is what happens when there isn't a ground connection from the ground block to ground (as in the picture), and/or a connection from the dish unit to the ground block (as in the picture). A ground loop is a simple antenna that is created when a system isn't grounded. The antenna then collects all kinds of miscellaneous noise and adds it into your system as noise. The affects vary.

Good catch Jeff. I met to say drip loops and have corrected the post. Do the drip loops in MuDvAyNe's pic look properly made to you?

So I guess these contractors in NY are just lazy. If I called up Dish and complained do you think they would send someone out to ground the system or are they going to charge me more money. I am sick of feeding them money for work that should have been done properly the first time, not 3 times.

So I guess these contractors in NY are just lazy. If I called up Dish and complained do you think they would send someone out to ground the system or are they going to charge me more money. I am sick of feeding them money for work that should have been done properly the first time, not 3 times.

I would think Dish should take care of the grounding. Lets us know how it works out for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)