lnb question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tom75a

Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
aneone know if it is posibel to pick up intelsat 5 97.0 globecast with a starchoice lnb i have a 33 or 36 inch dish and a starchoice lnb well i have 3 diferent ones ,1 looks like a long tube one looks like a bev lnb and the last one kinda like a bev but sidewais i have a viewsat ultra it has a blind scan capability if i can use 1 of those what is a good lnb to use....aney info would be grate

All those globecast ones show up as scrambled on mine. Unless they recently unscrambled.......I always deleted them after a scan on that sat.

i have been traing to pick it up for a while now but just cant get aney quality i get like 75% signal but my quality is at 0 nomater what i do any sugestions.....

i have been traing to pick it up for a while now but just cant get aney quality i get like 75% signal but my quality is at 0 nomater what i do any sugestions.....

Which LNB are you using? The first one you mentioned (long tube type) may be a band-stacked LNB, which will require different settings than the current standard Star Choice LNB.

When you think you have the dish near where it is suppose to be, do a blind scan to see if you are picking up any transponder. If not move the dish a bit, and re-scan. Once you get any transponder, use it to peak its signal quality, and then re-scan. Hopefully, you'll get enough information to determine if you are on the right satellite, or a nearby one.

Good luck!

yes im using the round tube like one ... i tried with all of the lnb's i have a still nothing ,ill try agein layter today ...

All those globecast ones show up as scrambled on mine. Unless they recently unscrambled.......I always deleted them after a scan on that sat.
You are trying to go after the unscrambled stuff, right? I hope so.

the round tube one like a flashlight?

If so that is stacked and scan for the vertical Transponders. The H are at a higher frequency and are V poalrity....but the original V polarity ones are at the noraml spots

all im looking for is whatever is not scrambeled and is free to air .....would i have better luck with a proper lnb...? which one is a good one to use there are maney on ebay that say they will work how do i know for shoure...?

does the LNB look like this?

If so it will work there is just some tweaking that needs to be done in the settings :)

Attachments

• lnbfFlash.jpg
    lnbfFlash.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 150
  • lnbStacked.jpg
    lnbStacked.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 133
Iceberg, that stacked LNBF looks like it would fit nicely into the SatelliteAV four-degree double LNBF holder (it seems to be built like the bullet LNBF they recommend for that holder). The fact that it is stacked would also present some advantages. Are these available at a reasonable cost anywhere?

that is it ,the only diference is i have 1 cabel out .....what do i have to do in the setings?soory for all the questions im kinda new at this.....
thank you

Iceberg, that stacked LNBF looks like it would fit nicely into the SatelliteAV four-degree double LNBF holder (it seems to be built like the bullet LNBF they recommend for that holder). The fact that it is stacked would also present some advantages. Are these available at a reasonable cost anywhere?

Tron
The flashlight LNB is called that for a reason...its huge. The holder for it is a 50mm holder so that LNB would probably take up the whole 4 degrees :)

that is it ,the only diference is i have 1 cabel out .....what do i have to do in the setings?soory for all the questions im kinda new at this.....
thank you
no problems :)

On a stacked LNB the verticals are the normal as what is in the box or you'd see on Lyngsat. So try and aim the dish with one of the following transponders

12177 frequency
V polarity
23000 symbol rate

or

V

You didnt list what receiver you're working with but in the LNB setup it needs to be standard with a LNB LO of 10750 (NOT Universal). Also have you skewed the LNB properly? When working with a fixed dish you need to skew it for optimum signal. This depends on location. If you give us the general area of where you are we can give you the correct info for aiming the dish (elevation, azimuth & skew)

The flashlight LNB is called that for a reason...its huge. The holder for it is a 50mm holder so that LNB would probably take up the whole 4 degrees :)

I like "beer can LNB" better, as a flashlight can be any size! Actually, mine are more the size of a "tall boy" beer can, but you get the general idea!

hi
i m using a viewsat ultra i just got it from a friend he moved in to a condo so he can't have a dish outside .... im in ontario canada just north of orangeville .....south central ont.i have not squed it at all i just have it set to 0
thank you for any help

i changed some of the settings that you gave me and did a blind scan all i got was like 7 or 8 chanels of info for galaxy 28 am i close to where i want to be?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)