LNB Suggestions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Larobpra

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
North of "Upstate NY"
Friday night I lost signal on my FTA setup. (See signature below). Yesterday was busy so I only had a chance to bypass the Diseqc switch which did nothing. Then I tried the reset button on the motor as I was getting the flashing red indicator light. That did nothing either and by then it was getting dark. So today I take the receiver out to the dish to hook up direct and after trying about everything else - switching cables etc., I finally determined the LNB has gone bad. I took the one off the idled CM 90cm dish for now until I can get something else for it. The CM LNB is just too big and heavy for the Fortec Star dish, and since the FS dish has worked much better for me than the CM, I am wondering what anyone would recommend for a small, light LNB for the FS dish. It had a FS FBKU-V universal on it, I would like to go with a single linear. Thanks!

couldn't hurt:

Customer Email About The ESX521 Ku Band LNBF

Trying to think what I've used and could recommend that's still readily available.
The little ones from SatAV are good.
I got some from DMSI several years back, but that was a closeout.

I've stopped fiddling with Universals.
Doesn't make much sense from the west coast.
These days, I prefer (the ease of switching with) Standards. :)

edit:
and stay away from those Spitfires!

I had an Invacom Quad on my Fortec .9m for a couple months, it was so heavy it was deflecting the LNB support arm, so I fabbed some side support arms for it. I borrowed that tubing from an old junk OTA antenna, they weigh practically nothing.

Even if you go with a lighter LNBF you might consider putting some side supports on your dish.

Attachments

• Sat Fortec .9m LNB Supports2.JPG
    Sat Fortec .9m LNB Supports2.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 127
  • Sat Fortec .9m LNB Supports.JPG
    Sat Fortec .9m LNB Supports.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 124
any standard linear lnb should be fine

LO 10.75
RF 11.7 - 12.2

they are all over fleabay for about 10-15 bucks

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Anole, I read that review right after I started the thread. Just got through ordering one of those and a Blue Blazer from Galaxy. I'll let you all know how they work!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)