Lnb Trouble

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

raggareds

Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
HEY GUYS .i need help wid a dual lnb for a dish reciever ,when i try to line up my dish i am able to get sat 119 but i cant get 110 .........my levels on 119 is 120 but zero on 110 :no

Welcome to SatelliteGuys,

In order to help you we will need more information.

1st, list your zipcode to we can reference your Azimuth, Skew, and elevation angles.
2nd, what model receivers are you using.
3rd, go to menu, 6-1-1, (systemsetup, installation, point dish/signal), then press check switch and list out the info at the top of the screen that tells us what type of switches and LNBF's you are using.

Jason

Also, cover the 110 'eye' with tinfoil while aiming. You could actually be hitting the 119 satellite with the 110 lnbf, which points the real 119 eye at empty sky at 128

hello .my zip code is 30188, i am using a dp301 model and the info on top of my menu screen reads(switch dp34-500 lnbs: twin-1(1)-1(2)n.c.(3) i am unable to get sat 110.my signal on 119 is 112

Still sounds like you've got the 110 LNB pointing at 119. As AJ says, cover the 110 side with tinfoil - if signal dies, we're right. Turn dish 9 degrees counterclockwise.

It's best if you bypass the DP34 with a barrel connector during initial aiming. Leave the tinfoil over the 110 side, too. Make sure you're using port #1 on the Twin - that's the port on the 119 side.

Do the hookups as I've laid out, then Check Switch on the 301, aim & peak. Uncover 110 side and check signal. If good enough, hook the DP34 back up.

One thing - why do you have a DP34 for a simple 2-bird, 1-receiver setup?

What do you mean no good. You didn't say anything about what you've tried.

For example, if you cover one eye and can't get anything, switch eyes and see if the other one is OK.

well i tried again today and i am getting 0 signal when i cover the 110 eye on my reading of the 119 sat signal. when i cover the 119 eye i still get a reading of 112 on the 119 sat..i dont get it i am still not getting any reading on the 110 sat
my check switch reading is asfollows lnbs:dp-twin input 1 2
satellite conn 119
polarity x all
device twin twin
status warning only 1 sat connected

Think it through. :)

Covering 119 eye and no change means it's not being looked at.

Losing 119 when covering 110 eye means ...

the 110 eye is looking at 119.

Rotate the dish 9 degrees east - elevation adjustment probably needed too.

I usually leave the switch out of the dish pointiong. Verify each sat by it's self, then add the switch. Easier to narrow down a problem area if there is one.

hello again simon and fellow posters i moved my dish i am now getting 113 signal on sat 119 i covered the 110 eye and i still receive signal from 119 so i know that is true 119 sig. but.............................i am still getting 0 on 110 .................maybe :( my lnb is just bad i dont know..................help

What transponder did you have 110 set to? Try 11 & 12 if you didn't already.

With a DP Twin, this next idea shouldn't make a difference, but just for kicks, try hooking the receiver to the other connection on the lnbf and see if anything changes.

You did take the dp34 out of the loop for now right?

i had it set to 11 .......................yes i took the dp34 out the loop i am connected straight to the receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)