Lnb

Firedog,

As Garys says, you need legacy equipment. The receiver itself can be a DishPro equip, 3 digit receivers (301, 622 etc), but the switches would need to be legacy. If you are only talking about 110 and 119 and 2 or less receivers, the original SW21 switch connecting the 2 LNBs would work fine (one SW21 for each receiver). If you have more than 2 receivers, an SW44 or SW64 would be the switches of choice.

The 3 drawbacks to legacy LNBs (in my opinion) are 1) 2 coax cable runs from each LNB to the switch, 2) 2 coax cable runs to a dual tuner receiver (also a drawback to non DPP switches), and 3) 100 ft coax cable length from LNB to receiver. If you mount the switch close to the LNB, issue 1 is very minor. If you don't have dual tuner receivers, or you have 2 coax runs to the room where the receiver is located, issue 2 is also very minor.

A plus to legacy is the requirement for RG-6 coax is less significant. Many users of legacy LNB equip sucessfully use RG-59, especially if the connectors are well installed. RG-6 is virtually a mandate with DP and DPP LNBs.

I will only have 1 rcvr hooked up, a Dish Pro 381.....so I could use the directv lnb as long as I have a sw21 hooked up....

You would need 2 LNBs. One for 119, and one for 110, then run a line from each to the SW21, and then from the SW21 to the 381 receiver. Why would you want a 381?? YUCK! :eek:

A 381 is/used to be an 811. They had so many problems with the 811s that when they moved on to the 211s, they refurbed the 811s and re-wrote the software to exclude HD capability and sent them back out in the field as 381s. Basically recycled pieces of crap. Never had anything but trouble out of them. Quirky as hell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)