LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cruzin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
michigan
Hello, been awhile since my last post. Over a year ago I scored my first 1 meter channel master. I added a motor to it and bought a DMX522 dual lnb to it.Worked excellent. On 97 I get a 94 quality on my favorite radio station. I also have a 1.2 meter muzak dish on 97 and 101 that I only get in the 70s for quality. I bought new lnbs for the 1.2 dish and still the best I could pull in was in the 70s. I figured it was because I was using it for 2 sats at the same time. Well I scored another 1.2 meter muzak dish from a abandoned demo building and thought it was time for a dedicated dish on 97 sat. So I pulled the 1 meter true focus dish from its pole and setup the 1.2 dish with a new 0.2 dual lnb on it and only could pull in the 70s quality again. I was thinking there is somthing about the channel master that makes them work so great. Earlier this summer I spotted another channel master 1.0 propped up on some farm machinery that was for sale so I called the owner and bought it for 20 bucks. I thought I would get another dish up that would pull me in 97 with quality in the 90s. I set it up stationary on the 1.2 pole with the new lnb and low and behold only pulling in 70s just like the 1.2 meter dish.
My conclusion in that the best lnb out there is the DMX522. I get 78 quality on a 1.2 meter dish and 94 quality with the DMX522. Im sold on them.

I didn't quite follow your post, but with some of those dishes they seem to work better with the original feedhorn/lnbf combination. I have several of those CM dishes that I've replaced the lnbf on, they work just fine. But I believe to get the best signal you really need to use the original feedhorn. Newer lnbfs that have that same type of flange as the original one can still be found. It's a tradeoff, but I would like to see some signal level figures comparing the 2 types of lnbfs.

Ok, just checked my system out. I have 3 dishes and lnbs I will explain.
First dish is a 1.2 meter muzak dish with original lnb and feedhorn on it. I have it set on sat 83* RTV and get a 79 quality.
Second is another 1.2 meter muzak dish with modified lnb .2 lnb setup I have it on sat at 97* and get 78 -79 quality on 11.836 radio and 82 on tv stations on that sat.
Third is a channel master 1.0 I mounted on a dg380 motor with the DMX522 dual (orange in color) lnbf on it. I get 92 quality on sat 97* on radio and 94-97 on same tv stations as tested on the muzak dish, I moved it over to sat at 83* and get a 91-92 on RTV.
these are my results as of today. So on sat at 83* I go from 79q 1.2 meter dish to 91q with the CM dish with the dmx522.
And on sat at 97* I go from 82q to 94q with the CM and dmx522
All I know is much better quality.

Interesting! I wonder what the answer is too. Is the Channel master out-performing the 1.2 dishes, or does it have a better lnbf? Or were the fixed dishes not tweaked as well as they might have been. I think I would just enjoy the difference and not touch them again, haha.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)