LNBF install help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aristotle73

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2005
I just received my new C-Band LNBF in the mail today. When I took it out of the package, I realized I wasn't sure how to put it together. I have the "Orion C-Band CLNBF1LP" LNBF. It came with a feedhorn and the LNB. However, there are notches on the LNB that say "34, 36, 38, 40, 42". What does that mean and how does it affect where the feedhorn is to be placed?

Those numbers correlate to the F/D ratio of your dish. That number should get you close. I like to fine tune from that point.

Is there any type of test I can perform to make sure that the feedhorn is the proper distance from the face of the dish on the LNB?

aristotle73 said:
Is there any type of test I can perform to make sure that the feedhorn is the proper distance from the face of the dish on the LNB?

If you had a working system with a feedhorn , polorotor & LNB ; measure the distance from the " nose " ( blue plastic cap ) of the feedhorn to center of the dish .

Install your LNBF with the " nose " at the same distance .

If you are using a dish with a motor , move the dish to due south , top dead center , with the steel braces of the mount at zero degrees & 90 degrees ( use a good level ) .

Install the LNBF with the zero mark ( for skew ) at top dead center . I have read of LNBF's being mis marked , that had to have the mark at 90 degrees . If you have polarity problems , try changing it .

Wyr

Focal depth can be a killer if you don't have it right. An inch or more off can mean the difference between getting great reception and none at all.

I've seen some calculators around here somewhere done on excel that will get you pretty close. Like the dude above said, fine tune from there.

I'm going to have a lollipop now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)