lnbf or polorotor for 4dtv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I am wondering if i should change my c-band lnbf (plus my backyard engineered ku band feed) on my big dish to a standard c/ku feedhorn with polorotor when i get my 4dtv dsr-922.

or could i use the bud for c-band only with the lnbf and use a separate dish for x4 ku band @99W? I have a ton of dishes around here and lots of room and good view of the arc.

i was thinking of getting the absolute digital package from nps and cinemax/hbo ala carte'. On the absolute digital some of the feeds are on X4 or G4 @ 99W on ku band and i would need a better ku feed than what i have
"engineered" (LOL) on my big dish using an offset ku lnbf-which by the way works great for free to air.

But i like the lnbf because the free to air receiver or my analog c-band receiver can control polarity independent from each other by simply turning off the receiver not in use at the time which lets the other receiver switch coax voltage. I am using two way splitters both ports power passing. one splitter for c-band and one for KU band.

For a BUD I always recommend a dual band feed, and lnb's, ADL and Chaparral make great feeds.

If you have room you can always setup a Ku-band only system, 1.2 meter dish with motor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts