LNBF questions + grounding questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cybersonic

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2005
I have a couple more questions regarding Ku LNBF:

- if an LNBF description shows it's 'dual polarization', what is that? Benefits?
- for a single dish and a single receiver, i do not need a dual LNBF, correct?
- 'universal' vs. 'standard' LNBF: doesn't really matter in the US, correct?

Annex questions:
- for a single dish with motor and single receiver setup, I do not need any diplexers or DiSEq switches etc., correct?
- I guess I only need a grounding block?
- Grounding of the dish itself, is that done through the RG6 cable that is connected to the grounding block or do I need special grounding for the dish itself?

Thanks!
Chris.

cybersonic said:
I have a couple more questions regarding Ku LNBF:

- if an LNBF description shows it's 'dual polarization', what is that? Benefits?
I'm assuming both Horizontal and vertical polarities
- for a single dish and a single receiver, i do not need a dual LNBF, correct?
correct
- 'universal' vs. 'standard' LNBF: doesn't really matter in the US, correct?
other than Cubavision on PAS9 (58W)...correct
Annex questions:
- for a single dish with motor and single receiver setup, I do not need any diplexers or DiSEq switches etc., correct?
correct
- I guess I only need a grounding block?
yep
- Grounding of the dish itself, is that done through the RG6 cable that is connected to the grounding block or do I need special grounding for the dish itself?

Thanks!
Chris.
I'll let the master installer PSB answer that. I used a ground wire

Chris,
LNB's usually have dual polarization, Horizontal and Vertical (or Left and Right hand for DBS satellites) They are usually controlled by the voltage applied changing from H to V or L to R hand polarization depending on the voltage supplied.

Yes you only need a single LNBF for one receiver and one dish.

A standard and a Universal LNBF do the same thing with the Universal giving you a wider scanning range, it works in two bands and the switching is done by a 22khz tone sent down the cable (as well as the above voltage switching). I recommend a standard LNBF to start with.

No diplexers or switches needed, one coax from the receiver to the motor then a short cable from motor to LNBF.

The system should be grounded in two ways, the mast should be grounded and the coax should also be grounded, a satellite/cable surge protector is a plus also.

http://dbsinstall.com/Whatis/Whatisgood-5.htm

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts