Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
The Geosat Pro C2 that is on my 7.5 footer, will only give my DSR-920 and Digitrans boxes horizontal polarity.
1. Is there a way these things can get "stuck" on one polarity?

2. Both outputs are affected...are they not independent, so each box can select it's own polarity? Why would both outputs only work on horizontal?
:confused:
If it's toast, where the hell am I gonna find another one? :eek:
I got it from SatelliteAV in that special pre-order deal a while back. :(

Go to the OPTIONS menu of your 920 (6 - 4 - 2) and see if LNB Type is set on "C-Band LNBF" and that the Feedhorn Polarization "Standard" is checked.
Go to G4 to TP 16 (Shephards Chapel) and flip back and forth between TP 16 and TP 17 (color bars). If your LNBF is set correctly and the settings mentioned above is set you should be able to switch polarities.
With the TV and 920 outside where you can see it, you may have to rotate the C2 around and in and out to get the TPs polarities right. I had to do all this when I set up my 8 foot dish for the 4DTV receivers.
I have been well pleased with the C2 on both 920 and 922 receivers. I hope what I shared with you helps!

I had that problem with the polarity being stuck. Some of the guys on this site really stepped in and guide me through it.
I failed to mentioned to you that the LNB input terminal on back of my 920 has a short, which when I screw in the RG-6 cable from the LNBF, the center wire of the cable is not making full contact to make the voltage changes of the polarities. I could hold the RG-6 a certain way to make the voltages work. I used the multimeter to check the 13/18 voltages and it worked ok. I changed cables several times before giving up and having to prop the cable a certain angle against the wall to maintain the proper voltage contact. I believe the center of that terminal has worn down so much from years of changing cables it is not making the full contact to make the 13/18 voltage work.
I am not saying that may be your problem. That was part of my problem. I notice that was going on AFTER I installed my C2 and setting it up.
Now it work good, as long I don't touch that RG6 cable behind my 920.

Thanks, MrFTAMan. :)
Everything is OK on the 920 and the commercial DCII box that shares this dish. I have another LNBF like it, still new in the box. If it ever stops raining around here (probably around September...:eek: ) I'll swap it out and see if that fixes it. I originally bought 2 of them when SatelliteAV had that group buy. I still need 2 so I'll have to get another new one from their website... 40 bucks this time, but at least they still have them! :D

Thanks, MrFTAMan. :)
Everything is OK on the 920 and the commercial DCII box that shares this dish.
If they're stuck on "H", that suggests they're getting 18 volts when they should get 13.
Have you checked with a meter?
Possibly a short or other fault in your switching?
(and of course the most likely problem IS a receiver setting)

Seems like there have been a few unexplained reports of odd behavior when connected to independent receivers.
I don't have enough facts to offer a clue.
Never understood the previous discussions.

But, I'd check the grounding of the different receivers.
In house-wiring where I live, you could have equipment in different rooms hooked to opposite phases of the 110vac line...:rolleyes:
Could long cable runs and local lightning do something?
I'm grasping at straws.

But, if I valued my spare C2, I would not throw it into the same situation that broke my first one.
AND, is you existing C2 actually broken?
Connect it to just one cable at a time, and test it.
Monitor the voltage fed to it, in real time.
I would test to see if maybe both receivers were damaged by an unexplained situation.

Not that it's proof of anything, but I don't recall anyone using a 2x4 or 4x4 multiswitch reporting any troubles like this.

Let us know what you find.

Each receiver has a separate line out to the C2 on the dish. (No switch) Strange part is, the thing went back to functioning correctly on Monday.
Not sure if some thunderstorms "charged" it somehow, but it's not the heat as I suspected, 'cause the afternoon temps have been in the mid 90's all this week so far! :eek: I'm going to check out the coax connections at the dish, but it was wierd that BOTH outputs did this. :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)