LNBF Testing Comparison: SL1PLL / PLL321s / ESX521 / ESX522 / SNH031 / Chaparral

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Yesterday I performed a test of several LNBFs on satellites:
97w - Peaked using TP frequency 11706
99w - Peaked using TP frequency 11707
103w - Peaked using TP frequency 11942
125w - Peaked using TP frequency 12140

The tests were performed on these LNBFS:
  • GEOSATpro SL1PLL
  • DMS PLL321s
  • WSI ESX521
  • WSI ESX522
  • Invacom SNH031
  • Chaparral

I was using a SuperBuddy DVBS to test, so was unable to test and document the 103w S2 (offset skew transponders). The tests were performed using a 3 second lock time frame to allow plenty of time to assure a lock if the signal was available. (need to upgrade to the new S2 .... :D)

Satellites 103w and 125W provided some transponders that would not lock on some of the LNBFs and certainly made the PLL LNBFs performance stand out. The DMS and GEOSATpro PLLs are very close in performance and with the close testing results it could be attributed to batch variations. The model averages do not tell the real story as there are some transponders that were real barn burners on a specific LNBF, but overall the unit did not produce the desireable flat response across the entire band. These PDFs should provide some interesting study.

For the record, I will take a SL1PLL over any other LNBF tested.... Hands down the SL1PLL is the overall performer! Since that statement is coming from the distributor, take it for what it is worth and let's see the results of your tests. I am confident that we will hear similar reports.

Attachments

• LNBF Testing 97w 20120801.pdf
    56.6 KB · Views: 260
  • LNBF Testing 99w 20120801.pdf
    52.5 KB · Views: 201
  • LNBF Testing103w 20120801.pdf
    54.8 KB · Views: 246
  • LNBF Testing125w 20120801.pdf
    55.1 KB · Views: 261
Yes, now this is a very good test, very interesting results. I will try to do some testing tomorrow and post some more results, from my end. I have 3 of the 6 LNBF's you listed. I had an esx521, but got misplaced somehow.

what size dish? 90cm I assume?

Yes it is on the top of hits charts, what dish he used etc. I know I thought the same at first, then I happened to notice it was at the top of the PDF files. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)