Lnbf that will also skew

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joshrr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
Michigan's Upper Peninsula
They probably make an lnbf that also will skew like the older corotor II units right? Im talking about an lnbf that will switch between H and V polarity via 13volt and 18volt automatically but if you wanted to tweak the skew of the lnbf you could use servo control instead of walking outside and untightening bolts and turning by hand? Thanks for any info :)

unobtainium. If you're electro-mechanically inclined, you could mount a servo to the scalar, with linkage attached to the feed to twist it. I had the same idea for AMC1 a while back. I forgot it quickly. Easier to put up a dedicated dish.

I am using Bandstacked LNBF's and I am able to set my frequency on my openbox to 5150-5750 or 5750-5150 and I constantly get both polarities. Works great!

Is there any LNBF's that are electrically tunable on skew ? i am setting up a 6' ft c band dish and after failing to find a way to tune the skew mounted a polorotor. On H/V moving across the sky need to tweek the skew for different birds ?

Is there any LNBF's that are electrically tunable on skew ?
Answered in post #2
If the dish is polar mounted there is no need to adjust the skew when moving from one satellite to another. As long as the skew is properly adjusted, a polar mount dish, (And motorized Ku) the skew will be right for all the satellites in the arc. (reason for no polarizer LNBF's?)
NOTE: this is not true for 103W Ku. It's skew, on Ku band only, is -26° from normal.
If the dish is an Az-El mount, the skew will be adjusted to each satellite. Same as a fixed Ku dish.
SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - Satellite Angle Calculator

there was old skew devices some people had to adjust skew on the old polorotors corotors
maybe the RC cars servo switch would adjust a skew on a corotor @ 5V

for the newer lnbf no they are set to the skew when you mount it.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't the "F" in LNBF stand for Fixed?
As in Low Noise amplifier Block down-converter Fixed probes.

F=Feed horn. LNBF Low Noise Block converter Feed horn. Feed horn and the electronics (the block converter and polarity selecting electronics) are one integral unit.

I stand corrected.
My confusion began with the two fixed probes(V & H) contained within the throat of the Feed horn.
Thank you for clearing that up for me and all the other grateful readers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)