LNBF Upgrade

Fhugle

Original poster
Feb 1, 2014
New jersey
I'm trying to upgrade my current DISH LNB to a 1000.4 LNB using my existing 10' Dish antennae but I can't acquire signal. I aimed the new LNB at the exact location that the single sat LNB was aimed at on the dish and cant acquire any signal. I'm using a VIP222K receiver. The old one was working fine except it was limited to the one 72.7 sat. The new LNB should allow access to 61,72, and 77 and hopefully give me access to all the American plan 200 channels. What else do I need to do I'm assuming that the 10' diameter custom dish will work with the 1000.4.

Thanks for any help,
Fred

Seems you would need separate lnb's and a external switch as the spacing on the 1000.4 lnb is designed for the 30'' dish not a 10' dish.

In N.J. you need the dish designed for US reception. To use a 10' dish you would have to find 3 separate focal points where each satellite is reflected to. your dish was being used for reception of 72.7 as a prime focus, one satellite with signal reflected to one point like a magnifying glass concentrating the sun. Now you are trying to concentrate 3 suns at different positions and it just doesn't work you now have 3 different focal points.

Set up for you 72. Then use another lnb to search for the other focal points . Wave it around (until you find it), then build bracket and use a 34 or 44 switch to mount the extra lnb. The spread between lnbs increases as you move closer to equator. The focal locations will be higher than the 72 and the 77 will be horizontally closer to the 72 than the 61

Go play a game of pool and you will see how it all works (bank shot is like the:signal reflection).

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SatelliteGuys

Also when setting up single lnbf people usually don't bother with skew leaving it at 90*. Check how your skew is set. Should be around 75*.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Also when setting up single lnbf people usually don't bother with skew leaving it at 90*. Check how your skew is set. Should be around 75*.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
10FT dishes don't have skew settings you must actually locate the focal points then mount a mounting bracket at that spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)