LNBF

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Swamp_Rat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
South Florida
Does anyone make a dual c/ku built like the BSC621 that does not require a servo.
I want to be able to get sportsman channel but can't do it through my 922 and don't really want to use an a/b switch.

Does anyone make a dual c/ku built like the BSC621 that does not require a servo.
The BSC621 does not have a servo, it works the same as a Little Dish Ku, uses voltage to change polarity.
You need to use your Pansat or Coolsat to get that channel.
How do you have your 4DTV and FTA receiver connected to the 1.8 meter?

Using a BSC621, you need to go into the menu's on the 922, into Options 6-4-2 and in #2 right arrow over to "C-Band and Ku-Band LNBFs". You also need to have separate cables from the BSC621, one for C and one for ku. Also you need a high frequency splitter (as in 2 splitters) for both C and Ku. Best to have a splitter with only one port power pass through. And use the power port for the 922. Use the other port to send to the DVB receiver.

Ice
I'm sorry, I meant the servo part. can I switch H&V without moving it with my finger ?.
I want the 2nd feed for my little computer shop out in the garage.

Bob

yes. The C2 is voltage switched so you can switch between H & V without manually moving the skew notch in the LNB ;)

Just finally got a chance to get back here. I have my 922 running to the c-band side and the Pansat running to the Ku side of the LNBF. I want to be able to get c-band across the Pansat as well to get the c-band fta. This is the reason for wanting a LNB without a servo.
Also I want as good quality a LNB as available as I'm only using a 6' dish. I am getting decent quality (around 80% on W5 and in the mid 50's on c4).
Am I better off using a loop out setup but if I do that will the Pansat be able to control polarity through the 922?
Or if I went to a a corotor II or a different LNB of the type does the Ku side still need polarity changed like the C or will the Pansat change it itself?

Am I better off using a loop out setup but if I do that will the Pansat be able to control polarity through the 922?

Here's what I did, no Ku on the 922 though....
Connect the 922 to the Pansats Loop Out, when using the 922, just power down the Pansat.
In the 922 Set Up menu, select "C-Band and Ku-Band LNBFs" and "Rotated 90"

You "can" get Ku on the 922 this way, but since the 922 can't control the BSC's internal switch, the Pansat must be used to control the switch and polarity.

When I was just using the Pansat I had a disecq in line. Now that I have the 922 I have the c going to it and the Ku to the Pansat. How does the switching work if I do the loop out thing or do I just make sure I am on a c band sat when I use the 922 and shut down the Pansat?

Thanks for the help Lak, based on what you are saying the switch will automatically revert back to disecq 1 when the power is off?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts