Lnb's for dish dvr

Earving

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Hi, everyone:

I want to buy a dish dvr 622 but I have a directv plus lnb's connected to a sw21,
is this connection work to a dish dvr with dp plus technology?

Another question, to use one cable for two tuners can I use a hi-frequency splitter instead a dp plus separator?

Thank's for ypur answers.

Earving said:
Hi, everyone:

I want to buy a dish dvr 622 but I have a directv plus lnb's connected to a sw21,
is this connection work to a dish dvr with dp plus technology?

Another question, to use one cable for two tuners can I use a hi-frequency splitter instead a dp plus separator?

Thank's for ypur answers.

I'm not 100% certain but I believe the answer to both of your questions is No.

Directv LNBs would be the equivalent of Legacy DISH LNBs so Legacy dosen't work with Dish Pro answer is NO!
If you were splitting signals you could use hi freq. splitters but you are not splitting signals you are selecting the inputs from different satellites and the freq. that correspond to different polarities.

I think the answer is yes to the first, and no to the second. A receiver such as the 622 that is dish pro technology will still work when connected to legacy LNBs. One couldn't mix legacy and pro LNBs. I've done it for grins with my old Directv Phase 3 dish and SW-21s, but only for 2 satellite feeds.

As for using 1 coax feed and splitting it to the 2 inputs on the 622, that definitely doesn't work with legacy equip, and then only with Pro+ Switches and DP Separators.

What they are saying is...

You can use the legacy LNBF on a ViP 622, but each Sat Input (1 & 2) will each need to be feed by a separate signal, either from a dual LNBF or separate single LNBF, since a splitter will not give you both Even and Odd transponders at the same time, and the DP Separator will not work with legacy equipment, actually it will only work with a "DishPro Plus Twin LNBF" or a "DP Plus 44 Switch". I'm not sure here, but I believe the SW21 will not work, in which case you will then only get one satellite location.

As hobojoe says, to get the most of your equipment, including multiple satellites and dual reception - upgrade your equipment. Either DishPro or DishPro Plus.

Also, if you provide what TV market you are in, and what programming you would like (sat prog, Locals, HD, movies, etc...), someone will let you know what sort of setup you will need.

Last edited:
The SW21s do work with a dish pro receiver. One each is needed to feed a 2 tuner receiver. That means each feed from 2 legacy duals (or directv) into the SW21. If one could find an SW42 it can be cascaded with an SW21 (or SW64) so the 3 Dish Sat signals (110, 119, 61.5/129), can be accessed. I have a legacy quad and a legacy dual connected with an SW21 for my 2 dishes.

With the mix of HD channels + locals + core channels spread across the 3 satellites, a single or twin sat feed doesn't get it done anymore.

That being said, a DPP Twin and DP Dual, or a DPP44 switch (w/ DishPro LNBs) setup works more conveniently, since one only needs a single coax (w/ dish separator) to the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts