LNBs ok for FTA ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mike045

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Quebec
Hi everyone,
Since the mid-90s I own a 10' BUD with CorotorII/C/Ku lnb for analog reception. Lately I got the idea to use my BUD for FTA reception; I have just bought a DBS-S PCI to experiment. I made an add-on on my dish with the addition of a DSS LNBF to catch BEV and DN; reception OK.
But to get FTA digital signals for C and Ku bands, are my LNBs ok for the job ?
Mike

They should be. Mine work well for me. I know nothing about PC cards, but it should work fine. You can use your analog receiver to drive the dish and slave the PC card to it using a Diseqc switch from the C & ku bands as well as the DSS LNBF.

Al

Thanks. A precision: can I connect directly my coax cables to the Diseqc switch or must I use a sat splitter that let pass the DC voltage for the analog receiver, and the RF signal (DC blocked) to the In of the Disecq switch ?
Mike

I use two high performance splitters with the C and ku lnb's and also have a separate lnb on an additional 90cm dish, I also have a stationary dish (once used with DirecWay). all 4 work just fine going into a 4x1 Diseqc switch. I don't use any DC blocks, but it might not be a bad idea.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts