Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mike045

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Quebec
Hi everyone,
Since the mid-90s I own a 10' BUD with CorotorII/C/Ku lnb for analog reception. Lately I got the idea to use my BUD for FTA reception; I have just bought a DBS-S PCI to experiment. I made an add-on on my dish with the addition of a DSS LNBF to catch BEV and DN; reception OK.
But to get FTA digital signals for C and Ku bands, are my LNBs ok for the job ?
Mike

They should be. Mine work well for me. I know nothing about PC cards, but it should work fine. You can use your analog receiver to drive the dish and slave the PC card to it using a Diseqc switch from the C & ku bands as well as the DSS LNBF.

Al

Thanks. A precision: can I connect directly my coax cables to the Diseqc switch or must I use a sat splitter that let pass the DC voltage for the analog receiver, and the RF signal (DC blocked) to the In of the Disecq switch ?
Mike

I use two high performance splitters with the C and ku lnb's and also have a separate lnb on an additional 90cm dish, I also have a stationary dish (once used with DirecWay). all 4 work just fine going into a 4x1 Diseqc switch. I don't use any DC blocks, but it might not be a bad idea.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts