LO Frequency for DirectTV lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TiminMb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Winnipeg, Manitoba
A relative gave me an RCA DirectTV dish with (I assume circular) LNB. It says 12.2 to 12.7 ghz on the lbn. Can I use this with my FTA receiver? What LO frequency and any other settings (tones or voltage for r/L) do I need to use this for any unencoded circular signals?

11250 is the freq. setting for a circular Ku band lnb and should work fine with the one you have. Other settings, depend on your STB's requirements.
grusome

Yea, and here's the short list Iceberg compiled of what you are likely to get.

If you have an 18" dish with a single LNB, it's pretty simple.
No tones, just voltage switching between H and V. (well, really L and R polarity)

If it's a Phase II or Phase III dish, with multiple LNBs, it'll be marked with some logo or name (possibly Para Todos, or Dish Plus)
There are threads here on how to use those.

In any case, if you want to retrofit the dish with a linear LNB, there are a handfull of powerful stations you might get.
Those are more for fun or bragging rights, but some might find it useful.
I've been watching Whitesprings on 129º this week, using an old Phase III dish and linear LNB.

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure if the voltage method of switching between Right and Left polarization was universal. I'd hate to smoke my receiver by hooking it up to something incompatible. Its warm out now and time to play around with technology.

I am using a 20" round Dish500 fitted with a linear LNBF and I can lock onto (easily) 101.0W and 129.0W and I still have other sats I want to try, just to see how many I can get. One thing about the small dishes is that the adjustment (AZ/EL) is critical and touchy. I use a small meter to start and then my receiver to fine tune.

Today, I just posted new photos of this dish and my others. You can see the LNBF bracket that I fabricated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)