Loads of problems with all services

fedupwithcablevision590

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2007
Bad enough they raised my bill to almost $146. But lately the service is awful. My TV is having pixelation and sound dropouts, both on recorded and live programs. Seems to happen most in the evenings.
I am having Optimum Voice issues as well, calls are getting dropped frequently and people calling me say they have crosstalk. On a few occasions, when they dialed my number, they got somebody on the line that wasn't me and didn't speak english!
Then there's the internet. It is slooooow. Sometimes takes me a minute or more to load a web page. Often it will just refuse to look up sites and I have to unplug the modem and plug it back in (only thing that seems to work).
Last time a tech came he said the lines in my area (Westbury,NY) are overloaded. Basically the nearest node is 1/2 mile away, so it's a 1/2 mile cable run, to the nearest fiber. Fios cannot get here soon enough.
Anyway, I know how to get the diagnostic screens on my Explorer 8300, but how do I understand what the data means? How do i check for low signal levels and interference?

A 1/2 mile of coax is not unheard of nor a problem you figure the spacing between amps can be as high as 1500ft ive seen them as much as 1700ft. And thats just on the "Express" before you hit the "feeder" legs that feed customers directly. It is not a problem at all. The distance is only important when it comes to attenuation (loss of signal) and it affects the higher frequencies more so then the lower bands. Half a mile is only what 2600ft or so. A properly aligned system can stretch even farther then that without problems.

But anywyas on topic to your problems I highly suggest calling for a trouble call and if they send an idiot who cant fix anything demand a supervisor come out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)