Local Channel Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ibskiing

Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
Does anyone have a good email address for contacting DirectTV about their plans for adding more Cities?

I am a current Dish customer and they just added my community (Abilene, Tx) to their local network. However, the installer indicated their satellite is very low and he could not get line of sight at my house. However, he was a new installer and they would send a more seasoned installer for a second opinion. Well the 2nd installer never showed, and after several very frustrating calls with Dish, I am about ready to abandon my efforts.

While our locals don't come in very clear, we are not far enough away to get non-local station by Satellite. In additional Cox has quit carrying one of the locals over a payment dispute. So right now my only option is buy a better antenna.

If DirectTV would offer locals, I would switch in minute.

Go here and enter your ZIP code. This will tell you what you are eligible for with DirecTV. Providing you do have a "clear, unobstructed view" of the southern sky the "too low" answer sounds like an excuse to me. The DNS page for D* is currently unavailable due to the new FCC regulations, but you can call and they will let you knwo fi you are eligible for the Distant Nets if you cannot get locals through them.

I have emailed them on this as well as called them. I have been told that they have no plans to offer Abilene locals at this time...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts