Local channels from two market choices when signing up for Direct/Sat-Go questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

NASHMAN1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
Sandy, Oregon, United States
Hi there everyone, I'm a first time poster here at Satelliteguys.us. I would like to ask you guys a question. When I signed up for D* service, I got two markets when I typed in my zip code, which is 93426. I got one from Monterey and one from San Luis Obispo, now since 93426 is close to the Mon/SLO county line, I chose to go with SLO as my locals, is there anyone on this board who got two counties where you were going to recieve locals and you picked a neighboring market?

Another question, for the DTV Sat-Go, how many miles would I cover since I chose SLO over Monterey as my local markets? It would be very intriguing to know. I take it with me to see the Raiders and Sacto Kings games and I need to know what my coverage will be.

some areas it does that for an odd reason. But the zip code shows its in Monterrey County. But I know Directv has entered the wrong county when setting up locals.

as for the RSN's its the same sports teams
FS West HD (Ch. 692) - HD Available
?Angels (HD Available)

?Los Angeles Kings (HD Available)

?Los Angeles Lakers (HD Available)

Prime Ticket HD (Ch. 694) - HD Available
?Anaheim Ducks (HD Available)

?Dodgers (HD Available)

?Los Angeles Clippers (HD Available)

Comcast SportsNet California HD (Ch. 698) - HD Available
?Athletics (HD Available)

?Sacramento Kings (HD Available)

?San Jose Sharks (HD Available)

I chose SLO though because of the fact that SLO is very close to the county line. I think that also Monterey County lacks an ABC station of it's own (Thus KGO is available out of SF), but at least KEYT Channel 3 is ABC and at least the station does carry ABC stuff (TMZ/Access Hollywood syndie) though it comes about 175 miles away from Bradley, CA 93426 in Santa barbara.

As for the sports teams, I'm on the borderline of So/Norcal so I get Prime Ticket, FS West and CSN California, (Can't get the Bay Area feed since it's more tailored for those in the Salinas/Monterey area since they have CSNBA and CSNCA while for south Monterey County because the area is more for the SoCal teams. Also when I sign up for mlb.tv, I get blacked out of the SF Giants, the LA Dodgers & Angels. not the A's. Weird but true.

BTW, Iceberg, nice to meet you! :D

Question about the Sat-Go package. I know you have to be a DTV sub to activate it, but I was wondering, how many miles do I have to be in order to be out of the channel range (SLO Market #122)?

You won't get locals from either market on the Satgo. They are sent from the 119 satellite in SD, and the SLO market from 103 in HD. (Montery is SD only). You would need to either move your service address to LA for their locals (which are broadcast on the 101 satellite) but that would change your sports channels too (RSN). Otherwise you can apply for waivers to get the "distant networks", but those are VERY RARELY given by the local stations (has to be granted by the station in your market). Lastly, if you have an RV you use the Satgo with you could have a seperate account for the satgo RV use, that gets LA and NY locals.

That's about it.

Would that be considered double dipping when I sign up for Sat-Go and regular DTV service and is it OK by DTV standards and practices? Also will I get the same programs that I subscribe on Sat-Go as much as I can with D's regular service?

BTW, at least I'm happy that I have DTV because my parents have the inferior E at their house about 290 miles away from me near the state capitol.

You can have the Satgo on your regular account, it is treated as an extran receiver and costs $5 monthly. No doub le dipping. as for locals on your satgo, you are out of luck

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts