Local Channels in Another Market (newbie warning)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sorry The response was to a post from Dishrich which I thought was you AND I misunderstood the content of the post...so it was a cluster- all the way :D

...they are not on Conus on either system. The link was showing that the portland locals share channel numbers with other cities' locals meaning that they are on spot beams.

See ya
Tony

I apologize for resurrecting a year-old thread, but I finally got the Dish! I bought it with the intent to get the local Utah channels (I live in PHX) for football season. Unfortunately I did not read my own research on this thread before doing so. I came to the conclusion last year that DirecTV may be better due to spot beam overlap, but some of you felt it would not make a difference.

Well, I tried to "move" today to pick up the channels, but have had no luck. I keep getting a black screen on the local stations. Does anyone care to help a fellow newbie out? I'm trying to pick it up for a football game tomorrow afternoon!

FYI- I have the Dish dual tuner DVR satellite receiver. Just installed a few days ago......

UPDATE: just called tech support and we are getting decent signal strength on the corresponding satellites (80-90%), they told me that whoever installed the dish will need to manually adjust so that it can take advantage of the local spot beams. Am I screwed or what?

I remember a post saying the beam did not even cover all of Utah. Parts of SE Utah could not get a decent signal. So I doubt you will be able to get it in Phoenix. If you are registering a signal on the tp. then it is another local's package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)