Local Channels in HDTV??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sbd4

Original poster
Jun 3, 2004
I have a few questions about getting my local channels in HD.

After reading several posts stating that HDTV local channels in the Washington DC area, I was shocked when the DTV customer service rep told me it was not yet available in my area. Should I assume the rep was wrong and just keep calling until I get someone who knows what they are talking about?

I currently have a Hughes HTL-HD receiver. Will I need a new receiver in order to get these local channels in HD or do I just need a new 5 LNB dish?

Should I demand a new dish and installation for free??

Thanks alot :)

sbd4 said:
I currently have a Hughes HTL-HD receiver. Will I need a new receiver in order to get these local channels in HD or do I just need a new 5 LNB dish?
Thanks alot :)

You will need to upgrade to a H20 receiver to get the new HD locals in your area, and you will of course need the 5 LNB dish. But be prepared to give up all of the features of your HTL-HD that the H20 doesn't have.

sbd4 said:
My zip is 20147. Ashburn,VA. I know people 5 miles away from me in Leesburg,VA are getting it so I assume I should too. thks

I typed you zip into the locals search and you are listed for:

Local HD Programming
NBC WRC 4
FOX WTTG 5
ABC WJLA 7
CBS WUSA 9

So what problem are you having exactly? Have you called them back yet? Call someone other than the 1st line regular CSRs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.