Local Channels in Letterbox????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bgilga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Scranton, PA
I live in the Scranton, PA market. We are No.54 or something like that and will probably not get our locals in HD until late next year or 2007. My question is this. My local CBS station is being broadcast in letterbox form. The primetime programming fills up the screen except for black bars on top and bottom. The news, however, has black bars on the sides. The little CBS logo in the corner moves toward the center of the screen right before commercials. It does this as well when i watch HD CBS on my Bellexpress system. This is my stupid question. Is it possible that WYOU is sending D* its HD signal and not its SD signal. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Hughes HD receiver and a Toshiba 51 inch projection tv. This just started the other day. Thursday I think. I am not sure if WYOU was ever broadcasting a HD channel before, but I noticed more promos for it over the last few days. My other local chanels are normal.

First off let me say that I am a newbie to this site and as for you, you are right--WYOU did broadcast their HD signal. But 10 minutes into The Price is
Right today they converted back to their SD signal.

Thanks Jeff and welcome. I thought I was going nuts until my neighbor mentioned it to me yesterday. He does installs for Directv and thought there was something wrong. By the way, I have been trying to get info from him, he has none.

I was at my parents in Central PA this weekend and the Bears @ Bucs games was broadcast in WS on WYOU. It was actually pretty impressive.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts