Local Channels Messed Up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ComcastOgre

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
Saint Marys, Ohio
Hey guys. I just recently took the plunge with Voom, and I have all of my locals coming in great. Unfortunately, I think the Voom receiver thinks my HDTV big screen is wide screen when it is NOT. So I get a square picture when I watch my locals a lot. Sometimes it doesn't seem to happen. Anybody know what the problem is or what I can do to fix it?

It depends on what your local station is transmitting. There is a way to get rid of the top and bottom bar, but I don't remember how that is done. The left and right bar is actually being transmitted by the station and I don't think there is away to get rid of it.

Try pressing the red button on the receiver (under a little door) until all red lights flash. This will change the aspect ratio of each station depending on what it is transmitting.

DBSOgre said:
Hey guys. I just recently took the plunge with Voom, and I have all of my locals coming in great. Unfortunately, I think the Voom receiver thinks my HDTV big screen is wide screen when it is NOT. So I get a square picture when I watch my locals a lot. Sometimes it doesn't seem to happen. Anybody know what the problem is or what I can do to fix it?

In the system settings there is a menu that will eliminate that could change the letterbox. I think it is under picture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)