Local Channels optional

I earlier posted that I have .01 OTA data for the Indy area. I recently turned my antenna for some distant stations and found that South Bend has no .01 OTA data for WSJV 28.01. In Fort Wayne, no .01 OTA data for WISE 33.01. This .01 problem must be wide spread. Hopefully Dish can find a solution why the .01 data doesn't carry over from the satellite OTA channels to the OTA antenna channels.

I earlier posted that I have .01 OTA data for the Indy area. I recently turned my antenna for some distant stations and found that South Bend has no .01 OTA data for WSJV 28.01. In Fort Wayne, no .01 OTA data for WISE 33.01. This .01 problem must be wide spread. Hopefully Dish can find a solution why the .01 data doesn't carry over from the satellite OTA channels to the OTA antenna channels.

I get Kansas City locals OTA and Joplin via sat; I don't have any issues with my .01 OTA data...I had Flex Pack with no locals for several months and always had .01 data. Sounds like a possible channel mapping issue?

Reactions: pattykay
I would expect the same behavior as before, which is that the guide remains until the overnight reboot, and then the data vanishes except for the subchannels.

Really? Other channels such as the big 4 did not exhibit the problem (no guide data on the -01 primary channel) as did my PBS stations. How could it be that the website could get it right for NBC, ABC, CBS, and Fox, while goofing up PBS?
Well, this is Dish we are talking about, so anything's possible. ( I apologize if that offends anyone. "Now anything's possible" is an old Time Warner Cable tagline. :D )

Reactions: TheKrell
The same problem in the Cleveland, Ohio market. No .01 OTA data for WMFD 68.01. It doesn't matter whether I subscribe to the satellite locals or not. The guide data for this particular OTA station is missing either way.

Reactions: littlecloud319
The same problem in the Cleveland, Ohio market. No .01 OTA data for WMFD 68.01. It doesn't matter whether I subscribe to the satellite locals or not. The guide data for this particular OTA station is missing either way.
According to The List (which I know is out of date), Dish carries WMFD as channel 12. Did it recently change TSID info?

Well, this is Dish we are talking about, so anything's possible. ( I apologize if that offends anyone. "Now anything's possible" is an old Time Warner Cable tagline. :D )

What do you mean? DISH has no problems everything works as it should and features are delivered on time.

According to The List (which I know is out of date), Dish carries WMFD as channel 12. Did it recently change TSID info?
No, I am actually hoping Dish will do that soon. The guide mapping worked properly in 2009 when Dish first started carrying WMFD. Then, some time shortly after that, the guide data broke for the OTA channel, and it has never been fixed since then. It looks like Dish is finally getting around to updating TSID info for some channels in some markets, so that gives me some hope that this will get fixed.

Reactions: TheKrell
I have temporarily added back my satellite locals in order to get the guide on WETA channel 26-01. :( It did in fact reappear. WETA subchannels were always listed even during my trial of dropping satellite delivered locals.

Two months ago, I again removed locals to save $10/mo. WETA channel 26-01 guide data disappeared along with 26-00. :crying The bizarre part is that the subchannel data are still there! 26-02, 26-03, and 26-04 all have data. Does anybody else have this issue in the Washington D.C. DMA? Maybe it works for Hoppers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)