Local channels problem.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

odiakan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
I recently "moved" to another address with my Dish Network system. I currently have 3 receivers with my setup, the one I am having problems with is the VIP211. When I "moved" my local channels came in on my other 2 boxes but not my VIP211. Before I "moved" I had local channels on my VIP211 but I had to call into Dish Network because I had paid for an HD upgrade install including the HD locals (Raleigh, NC), the installer that came out installed a Dish 1000 and not a 1000+. I called "Tech Support" to report my problem and the help I got was losing my Raleigh, NC locals and would up with no locals at all. So my current setup now is a Super Dish, Dish 1000, and the VIP211 and my 2 other boxes of which I dont know the model numbers. One of the others is a dual tuner with a DVR built in and the other one is a singal tuner with a DVR built in. My questions are how do I get the VIP211 to see my locals on the satellite and what do I need to have to get my HD locals to come in. I am already paying for the locals and HD locals so I would like to be able to receive them via the satellite. If I cannot pull them in via satellite I am willing to go OTA but I would need someone to help me out because I know very little about antennas. I have checked antennaweb.org but I dont really know how to understand it. The zip code and state I am located at is (28352, NC). If someone could give me a recommendation on what I would need for an antenna install or the HD locals via satellite it would be greatly appreciated. I have not posted much on this website but in the reading I have done in the past I find this site very very helpful and I recommend it to all my freinds and family. I thank you in advance for any help you may give.

One last note, if the antenna would give a better picture then I am definatly willing to go that way as long as there wouldn't be to many drops in the signal.

Current configuration.

Samsung 32in LCD HDTV @ 1080i
VIP211
Nintendo WII - Component connection (480p)
Xbox 360 - Component connection (1080i)
Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive - Component (1080i @ $199.99 well spent)
PS3 - HDMI connection (1080i @ $600 mistake)
D-Link Media Center (streaming video via ethernet)
Mac Mini - DVI connection
Samsung Ht-Q80 Home Theatre
Slingbox A/V streaming device (better than sliced bread)

When you put MOVED in quotes. Does that mean you really moved or you told dish that you did just to get HD locals?

when a customer moves dish allways cuts off the local channel until u address is confirmed
say u tell dish u moved to LA from San diego they will give u LA, local channels but they have to wait for the installer to go to the address u gave them wich confirms that u r indeed elegible to receive LA's locals
if ur moving within the same city they wanna make sure ur notmovin somewhere else and wanting to keep ur locals
most of the time when installers close work orders locals need to be added on there, if u r saying only one of ur receivers is not getting locals that means they are allready on ur account but when they were added and activated the 211 for some reason didnt get the electronic HIT signal
u can fix that by calling dish and telling them to send u a hit cuz the locals arnt on on one of the receivers
or u can do it ur self i prefer this way
call 800-333-3474 (DISH)
press 1
enter phone number on account or account number on bill
press 3 for tech. issues
press 1 for error msg with 3 digits
enter 013 and then #
he will ask u if u recently replaced a receiver
press 2 for no
he will ask if u see this msg on a channel u normally have
press 1 for yes
press 1 a bunch of times dont wait like he says just press it untill he says
congrats!
hang up
wait 5-15 mins
try ur channel
if it doesnt work, do a frnt panel reset: hold power button on receiver not remote for 5 seconds until receiver reboots
u should be ok

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts