Local Channels via OTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JtotheD

Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
I recently signed up for the best buy offer and ordered DTV. Local channels are not offered in my area 79424 and the guys at best buy told me I would receive them through the off-air antenna that you could purchase for $49.99.

My questions are:

1. In one room will I be able to use the regular Direct TV DVR and be able to record the local channels that are broadcast through the OTA, or could I even use a standard DTV receiver and a series 2 TIVO?

2. For our 55" HDTV I purchased the HR20-700, but I heard the OTA was disable on that until the end of Sept. or Oct., is there going to be any way to receive the OTA signal until then.

My wife is really crazy about having local channels, so we wanted to know if we are going to be able to watch and/or record them before that OTA activation date on the HD20-700. Thanks in advance and sorry if this question has already been answered or is in the wrong section.

I am not highly familiar with DirecTV but you can use a regular Satellite receiver and a Series 2 TiVo, I use one (TiVo) with my DishNetwork standard box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)