Local Channels While RVing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bull0406

Original poster
May 23, 2007
Hope I have the right forum..I am trying to find out how I get local channels for different areas/states while traveling in our motor home. I have a King Dome on the motor home and believe there is a way to change the zip code for different areas and doing a channel search. Hope someone can help.
Thanks

Have DIRECTV, Will Travel

Enjoy crystal-clear DIRECTV® programming on the go and when parked in your RV, motor coach or bus.

Step 1: Order Your Equipment
Contact your local satellite TV retailer to order equipment and installation.

Find a Retailer

Step 2: Order Your Programming
If you have DIRECTV at your home, you can get the same great service on your RV, including CHOICE packages, premium packages and Pay Per View movies ordered by phone.

Some programming services such as seasonal sports subscriptions and pay per view ordering by remote control require that your DIRECTV Receiver be continuously connected to a land-based phone line. Therefore, most RV customers are not eligible for these services.

DIRECTV service packages for automobiles differ from standard home packages.

Step 3: Order Network Services
We offer our mobile customers DNS (distant network service) programming of ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC network feeds from New York and Los Angeles (8 channels) for $9.00 per month. One PBS and one CW feed may also be available depending upon your location, for an additional $1.50 per month per network.

Only residential accounts are available for DNS, but some mobile accounts might be eligible. According to federal regulations, we may offer DNS without screening for address eligibility only to certain types of recreational vehicles and commercial trucks. Boats and other marine vessels do not qualify for this special consideration. For definitions of eligible vehicles, please see the FCC website (item No. 18 of the Satellite Home Viewer Improvement Act of 1999 fact sheet).

If your permanent residence account lists more than one receiver and one of these is located in your vehicle, you will no longer be able to "mirror" the services on the additional receiver in your vehicle. We will need to charge you the full monthly programming package price for this additional receiver, instead of the $4.99 a month programming mirroring fee you may be paying currently.

Before we can add DNS to your service, federal law requires that you send us the following information: Please send to:
DIRECTV
Attn: Mobile Network Services
P.O. Box 6550
Greenwood Village, CO 80155

After we receive your paperwork, we will need eleven to fourteen days to verify that the information is complete and to activate your DNS programming. It is important for you to know that your dish must be pointed to the satellite located at 101 degrees West longitude at the time we activate these services, or your system will not be able to receive the signals.

If you are not receiving DNS programming after fourteen days, first check to make sure your dish is pointed to the correct position and then call us to request activation. We look forward to receiving your information and bringing you broadcast network services.

Source: DIRECTV

:welcome to SatelliteGuys... I hope the previous post explains whats available... you cannot get the locals when you travel as you are not a resident there unless you "Moved" but Rv'ng you are constantly on the move so you would be out of the locals Spot Beam and would have to constantly "Move"...

I am trying to find out how I get local channels for different areas/states while traveling in our motor home.
DirecTV does not offer "local" stations as you travel. You're best chance will be to acquire a quality television antenna and/or use a park cable hookup where necessary.

sorry but you can't

this is what happens, you get locals from your phisical address registered in the DTV system. here's an example.

some customers have 2 houses in different states. (FL & NC)
when you are in FL you have to call DTV to switch you address from NC to FL, and when you are in NC got to call to switch from FL to NC. as you keep traveling on a RV DTV can not be switching your address everytime you move.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts