Local Channels

geomark

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
I am in the Las Vegas area and used to have Cox Communications before Voom. Were the channels on regular Cox cable considered local channels for Voom? I am trying to get FoxSports which was on channel 49. Does anyone know if you are able to receive such channels and are they considered local channels; Maybe requiring a better antenna?

Voom doesn't carry the Fox and other regional sports networks. Many people, me included, hope they add them during the promised upgrades by March.

Just to refresh my memory, does anyone have a solid idea of all the RSNs VOOM will be offering in March? I'm in Comcast SportsNet area (Mid-Atlantic) so will VOOM be providing us with this channel? Additionally, I will assume that a subscribers local RSN is included in with the VOOM package. Will VOOM be selling a SportsPack with all available RSNs much like D*? Does anyone know how much D* charges for their SportsPack?

Lastly, I hope VOOM provides all customers with free access to the SportsPack until they have their local RSN. The Fox SportsNets should be easy, but I get the feeling Comcast SportsNets will take quite awhile longer. Make channels 340 and 342 available now. :yes

geomark said:
I am in the Las Vegas area and used to have Cox Communications before Voom. Were the channels on regular Cox cable considered local channels for Voom? I am trying to get FoxSports which was on channel 49. Does anyone know if you are able to receive such channels and are they considered local channels; Maybe requiring a better antenna?
Where in Vegas are you? I'm in South West. How is your signal on the other locals? I have NBC 3 on the guide but get no signal message when I tune to it. Thats the one I watch the most too. I think we should get UPN also.

I am also in the SouthWest, Jones/215, I get about 10 locals, ABC, NBC, some others I can't remember right now.

What usually happens when I am going thru the local channels is that the box sometimes freezes up when I scan channels 13-1, 13-2, etc. I've read a solution is to unplug the phone line, but that's another issue.

I'm just trying to think of a way of getting the local channels I would get with Cox, gotta be a way. I may have to subscribe to Cox local channels but I was wondering if there is a way to get my local OTA antenna to pick some up.

You locals should be ABC, NBC, CBS, WB, UPN, FOX, PAX, and PBS. These are the locals for Hampton Roads-VA that I get OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts