Local Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Gen. Electric

Original poster
Oct 26, 2004
I tried local channels back in July for a month but did not like the reception. I cancelled the locals but noticed after several months that I was being charged for "America's top 180 with locals $49.99". I called Dish and they could not get the computer to take locals off my bill. I looked at my bill the month before my trial of locals and the bill read " America's top 180 $44.99".
Also, I had a roofing crew do my house this fall and they must have bumped the dish because the signal is weak and one satellite doesn't come in at all. I was told that it would cost me $100.00 to get someone out to reposition it. Its a superdish. Is this something I can do myself. I have had Dish since '98 and have paid every bill on time and had to pay for receivers that neighbors received free.

Add the Dish Protection plan for the month you need the dish fixed and the service call will only cost $29

So $29.00 and how much for the Dish Protection Plan? Also, any idea how I get them from charging me for locals I don't get?

the protection plan is $5.99

It seems that you should just ask for the AT180 without locals, but I guess that's not easy to do...

I asked but each time I asked, the Dish rep said the computer kicked it out. Maybe I can get them to call it AT180 with Dish Protection Plan and it would take. But then it would come up $49.99 plus $5.99.

Gen. Electric said:
I was told that it would cost me $100.00 to get someone out to reposition it. Its a superdish. Is this something I can do myself.
Absolutely! Get a friend to watch the signal strength, then go to the dish and nudge it ever so slightly left-right until you find the optimum signal. Tighten that part, then nudge the dish ever so slightly up-down until you hit your best possible strength. Tighten that too, then spend the $100 on something fun instead! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)