Local Costco has HD-DVD in stock! Player/Discs!

JonUrban

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Eastern Connecticut
Not sure if this is old news. I did a search and did not come up with anything, but today I was in the local Costco and they had an end of aisle pile of Toshiba HD-D2 players ($349) playing a demo on a big plasma as you entered the store.

In the DVD section, on the end of the aisle, was a stack of HD-DVD discs. The combo's were $28 while the regulars were $18 or $22.

Needless to say, I was a bit surprised. No Blu-Ray in sight, but don't take that as a swing in the format war. This is just an informational post.

Last edited:
Now we're talking..... This is the kind of thing that will put even more downward pressure on media and hardware.....

It will be interesting to see if this causes a blip on the sales data. Most people only quote the Amazon sales data.... Maybe we can get some real data now that incorporates all of the retail channels.....

This is something I am happy to see. My Costco had the 1st gen HD-D1 back when they were 1st released, which is where I bought my 1st HD-DVD player. They had some HD-DVDs back then too and then they all dissapeared. I figured it would be a very long time before I saw Costco carrying HD-DVD again. I'd like to see them also carry the newer A20.

Paradox-SJ - $349 is Costcos in store price too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)