Local Digital OTA's showing on PG

Status
Please reply by conversation.

acpmadness

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
Yo, got DTV friday and had all my local analog channels. Today it's showing the digital locals as well (3,3.1,3.2 etc). When I go to them it says "searching for satellite signal (771)". Why are they on my PG 2 days later? When the installers were here he said I don't need my OTA antenna because DTV has locals and when they show something in HD in will show up. I was thinking he was crazy because how the hell do u output a digital show over an analog.... is this what he was talking about(that when law&order comes on tonight 3.1(NBC)) it won't be a black screen and i'll get it in HD!? Also when the installers were here they asked the CSR if I could be my locals in HD and she said they would let me know in 45 days, but that is only for the NBC,CBS,ABC and FOX out of LA and NY right?

Sorry for all the noob questions but u guys have been a big help.

Right now you can't get HD local channels without using an OTA antenna but within the next 60 or so days customers in the top 12 markets will be getting local HD channels via satellite without needing an OTA antenna and by the end of the year the top 30-40 markets will have locals in HDTV. If you just got service you will need to have your dish replaced to access the new satellite and they will also need to replace your HD box or you can rent their HD multiroom DVR when that comes out.

If you don't want to rent the HD DVR but just get your replacement HD box and dish it won't require any upfront cost just a new 1 year agreement which would start at the time the install is done. So say you signed up today on May 1 and you had your new dish and HD box replaced on August 1st your agreement would go until August 1st, 2006 instead of May 1st, 2006. I just wanted to make sure you understand that if they ask you to agree to another year and you just start your new year as a new customer you won't have to stay committed for a full two years but just a few months longer.

To put things simple at anytime you are required to commit to a new one year agreement your old one year agreement would be void and a new one year agreement will be created and effective as of that day.

Why would I need to upgrade in a cupole of months? I got the newest stuff and doesn't DTV download software updates? I wouldn't get the HD locals cause I'm in Savannah,GA and their like in the 200's.

DirecTV does download software updates but for the new HD stuff you will need new hardware later this year.

Chris

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)