Local dispute

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
just out of curiosity what is Directv record with getting Local Channels back? a few weeks or more?
thanks

just out of curiosity what is Directv record with getting Local Channels back? a few weeks or more?
thanks
Typically they don't go out, they negotiate even after the drop dead date and usually get a resolution without losing the channel(s).

Thats not always the case, but it happens that way more often than not.

I think the Viacom situation is the one that was out the longest.

I forgot to mention that are local already been pulled on the 1st, so now its a waiting game, i know it's won't take them for forever to get them back but i would like them back sooner then later and it's would be nice if ?Lilly Broadcasting? let Directv have the CW again!

I forgot to mention that are local already been pulled on the 1st, so now its a waiting game, i know it's won't take them for forever to get them back but i would like them back sooner then later and it's would be nice if ?Lilly Broadcasting? let Directv have the CW again!
Is this CBS by chance ?

yes it's is, Lilly Broadcasting? own CBS And NBC , so i wasn't please that i had to watched last weekend NCAA on my pc and ipad
Reason I asked was that U Verse is in negotiations with the local CBS here, I know its more than just my local.
Its been off the air for a few weeks now. Thus those with U Verse missed the NCAA Basketball tournament.
I expect the negotiations to be resolved soon now that basketball is over.

Can't speak for UVerse, or Fios for that matter, but anecdotally, DirecTV settles carriage disputes far more quickly than DISH. Hearst-owned channels have been out on that service for more than a month, and no end seems in sight. DirecTV lost Hearst channels for a week in January.

Status
Please reply by conversation.