Local feed from other areas

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rmsdp

Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
KS
I am looking at attempting to get some local channels from other regions.. For example (Denver) (NBC, CBS, Etc)

A few questions on this..
1. Can I get these channels with the FTA legally of course?
2. If so.. What do I need (Receiver, dish size, etc)
3. Suggested sites to get the right equipment at good prices..

Thanks guys for all the help...

as for other locals, you're a few months late. There were some locals on G18 (123W) all owned by Equity Broadcasting but they went belly up and sold off everything to either conglomerates like Daystar, banks, or local owners who don't use satellite.

I know of KUIL "The U" 64 that is on 101W (AMC4) but that is really about the only "local" on KU. Few more on C-Band

If you want Denver, you need a 4DTV and a 6 foot or larger Dish. They are on C-Band and can be subscribed through various providers
I thought that in order to subscribe to the Denver channels or any major network out of your area, that you had to prove to them that you were unable to receive an OTA signal, which usually requires a letter from the local channels in your area saying that it's OK. At least that's the way it used to be, except that they grandfathered people who were already subscribed before that law was passed. I used to subscribe to the Denver channels back in the early 90s, but then unsubscribed, then the law was passed, and they wouldn't let me re-subscribe. Has this changed??? Ie can ANYONE subscribe to the Denver channels now??? It's been about 15 years since I tried, back in the analog days.

whoops...no biggie. New company who has had it for 3+ years

On May 31, 2006, KTWO was sold by Equity Broadcasting Company to Silverton Media, headed by Barry Silverton. Equity retained ownership of KDEV and allowed KTWO to continue to operate it.

KTWO later moved its ABC programming in Cheyenne to a low-powered repeater, KKTU-LP channel 40, after KDEV dropped ABC in favor of programming from RTN. On June 24, 2008, KKTU-LP changed its call letters to KDEV-LP, after KDEV changed its call sign to KQCK.

So Equity has no say in KTWO :) But I do know it was up there (KTWO) so Equity could monitor it for their station (KDEV/KQCK whatever they called it...the ABC affiliate in Cheyenne) but KTWO ran it for them

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)