Local Fox Denies all waivers even with Signal Test

mu2000

Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Local Fox & ABC here turning down all waiver requests even with a Signal Test. Until the Loss of Distant Locals on Dish, Local station would give waivers with a signal test that proved low signal. They are irritaded @ Dish Network & they think that will put more pressure on Dish to launch locals in this market. I think they are dreaming, We are market 209 I don'nt think they are a flea on Charlies back.

Has anyone heard of this being challenged in Court?
Seems to me the signal test was written into the law on Distant Network reception.

Thats not the point, Dish Customers can get distants through All American direct
This customer had a waiver previously from the same station. The take down of distants on dish made voided all waivers. A new waiver was sent & now the Station denies it saying all waivers denied because Dish has not launched locals

Try 71945 zipcode it qualifies for all networks with NPS . You can google search the town of Hatfield, Arkansas and create a street address and apartment number that qualifies for the distants with NPS.

Last edited:
There seems to be a failure to communicate here.
I know Dish No longer provides distant Networks
This post has nothing to do with Dish Network

All American Direct provides Distants most of my customers have gotten back distants they lost in December. The customers at least in thery could reapply for a waiver with a signal test

The issue is customers with a previous waiver from the Fox Network
are now denied a waiver even with a current below threshold signal test .

Ahhh yes, there is and it starts with you posting this question in the Dish Network forum and also because, and I double-checked to be sure, you made no mention of NPS in your post(s).

I know Dish No longer provides distant Networks
This post has nothing to do with Dish Network

All American Direct provides Distants most of my customers have gotten back distants they lost in December. The customers at least in thery could reapply for a waiver with a signal test

The issue is customers with a previous waiver from the Fox Network
are now denied a waiver even with a current below threshold signal test .

IF you will use the zipcode I gave you in my above post with the allamericandirect.com you will qualify for all networks easily. THey do not care what address you list as your billing address. Set yourself up for auto pay - creditcard and you will be just fine. You can do all this on-line including listing all your smart cards for your account and you will have your networks within 24 hours. I did this and used my aunt's address and my cell phone number and I had no problem getting approved instantly. THis is just like" moving " with the sat providers.

Try any street you like with an apartment number and then use the city and zipcode I listed for Hatfield ,Arkansas ( ar) and zipcode 71945 Will get you your distant networks instantly for east/west all for $9.00 a month.

www.allamericandirect.com

MIKED=C05 is right..........
I did it different..I looked for a Ghost town in Nevada and checked the Zip code with Antennaweb.org to make sure there was nothing at all in programing with a outdoor antenna at 4000 feet....And got a local address(the address will not get billed if you pay by credit card every month}
I am happy with the service but wondering why San Francisco and Not L.A.????
I am paying $7.50 a month for all 8 stations and wondering why some are paying
$7.50 and some are paying $9.50??????JohnnyT

Does anyone actually read a post before they reply?

Mu200's point is contrary to the law (I think), the local FOX and ABC stations are automatically turning down all waivers period.

He is not trying to get a waiver for himself. He specifically mentions "his customers". So why would he want to "move".

The whole point is to get a discussion going on the legality of not following the law in regards to accepting test signals.

Local stations are under no legal obligation to waive their exclusivity for any reason. If a local station wants to refuse to grant a waiver, they are well within their rights.

See ya
Tony

Does anyone actually read a post before they reply?

Mu200's point is contrary to the law (I think), the local FOX and ABC stations are automatically turning down all waivers period.

He is not trying to get a waiver for himself. He specifically mentions "his customers". So why would he want to "move".

The whole point is to get a discussion going on the legality of not following the law in regards to accepting test signals.

Absolutely correct. The E* gang reads the first sentence of the post before racing off to the closet to extract the pom poms and beat back the discussion.

You hit the nail on the Head Dune, Thanks to those who are trying to help with address,s but that not what I need. The SHEVRA Law provides for Signal testing if a waiver is denied, why would there be a provision for testing if the Station can still deny them? I was hoping to find some information on a station being challenged for denying a waiver after a failed signal test.
Yes I am the same person, used my wifes log on did not have my password @ home

I thought All American Direct was charging $9.50 a month???
They are charing me $7.50 a month for the 8 stations.,,,I even called them for a special reason
I was having and asked what am I surpose to pay,,,,,They said $7.50 a month.
So I left it alone lolllll....JT

I thought All American Direct was charging $9.50 a month???
They are charing me $7.50 a month for the 8 stations.,,,I even called them for a special reason
I was having and asked what am I surpose to pay,,,,,They said $7.50 a month.
So I left it alone lolllll....JT

$9.50? I thought it is $9.00 for everything or $2.50 per each of the big 4 but a buck discount when taking all 4. Sounds like someone scored a free network.. lol.. hmm.. I mean.. shhhh.. lol

You think thats bad, my brother is 3rd from the bottom in DMA size.

There is NO ABC in that DMA. The nearby ABC in the nearby ABC is claiming rights and refusing the waiver, turns out they are up linked in that DMA and they are holding out for Dish to also carry the station in the 3rd from last DMA under the significaly viewed rules (the cable tv has it).
It is imposible to get the station OTA, the Cable TV gets it only by an Antenna on top of a water tower.

They are playing hard ball and the customers are all getting hurt, I thought Congress was going to help. I think they forgot about the smaller DMAs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts