Local HD Channel #'s

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm curious too about this ... can you still get separately your locals HD over the air, e.g. 2-1, 4-1, 7-1, 11-1 in Los Angeles *AND* the satellite HDs with the same channel numbers? On the 622, you can record three programs at once (2 satellite and one OTA). I'm curious whether I can keep the best of both worlds and record three HD at the same time.

Lucky said:
They are in the 6000's. Here in New York our local HD's are 6300, 6301, 6302, 6303.

Current ones are all in 6300 range, I believe the next set are going to be in the 6400 range. Any channels that are mapped down show as 002-00 and replace the sd mapdown so they do not interfere or replace any ota's.

Yes, with the mpg4 recivers you have to option to map your LIL hd down from the 6300 range or you can have the sd take priority. As gary's said they do not interfear with any ota channels you have tuned in ;)

If you map down the HD LIL's (HD priority), you risk losing OTA timers everytime you get a program guide download. To avoid this, set your "sat locals" to "SD Only." The 6000 series Local HD channels will still show up in the "All HD" guide. I learned this the hard way.

Brad

Bradtothebone said:
If you map down the HD LIL's (HD priority), you risk losing OTA timers everytime you get a program guide download. To avoid this, set your "sat locals" to "SD Only." The 6000 series Local HD channels will still show up in the "All HD" guide. I learned this the hard way.

Brad

Brad I have mine set to hd priority and have never lost an OTA recording..

goaliebob99 said:
Brad I have mine set to hd priority and have never lost an OTA recording..

Interesting......This is a documented problem with KC and Boston LIL's, at least. I wonder why not Chicago?

Brad

I'm sorry what is meant by "mapped down"? I'm getting my 622 installed today and I just figured I would customize my guide to include both the OTA and SAT hd locals and when I set a timer I just choose which channel to record from. With my 942 I set up my timer for the Sopranos to record from HBOHD and it hasn't recorded any of the other HBO channels.

Mapping down is where a local channel in the 6300 range or the range of your local's are mapped to its local off air number

for instance here in chicgao WLS 9414 is mapped to channel 07-00. Basically when you tune to 07-00 your tuning into 9114. It makes it easer for users to find there locals.

goaliebob99 said:
Mapping down is where a local channel in the 6300 range or the range of your local's are mapped to its local off air number

for instance here in chicgao WLS 9414 is mapped to channel 07-00. Basically when you tune to 07-00 your tuning into 9114. It makes it easer for users to find there locals.

Yes, and the 622 gives you the choice of having the HD local at the mapped down location instead of the sd channel, giving you the E* supplied HD channel at 007-00 and the ota channel at 077-01.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)